Upgrade Issue

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
SpringerRider

Upgrade Issue

Post by SpringerRider » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi all, My name is Del and I have been a user of Tee Charts and Delphi since Delphi 3. Someone else took over our Delphi developement a few years ago and I stopped programming for a while (Delphi 7) That person is no longer with our company and now i ahve been asked to pick up the pieces. I had to purchase Delphi 2007 and install from scratch. I found the license number for TeeCharts version 8 and installed it. The problem i am having is the program I started with Delphi 4 still has a Tee Chart named TppDPTeeChart that does not seam to be in the latest versiona and I am having trouble figuring a way around it short of replacing this component. I have a simple bug i need to fix in the software and I don't want to put any major work into it by replacing this component.
Any Suggestions woould be greatly appreciated.
:)

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade Issue

Post by Narcís » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi SpringerRider,

I'm afraid TppDPTeeChart is not a Steema Software component. It's developed and maintained by Digital-Metaphors, the manufacturer of ReportBuilder. Most likely this component is shipped with ReportBuilder and is a TeeChart wrapper for it. Therefore, you will need ReportBuilder components to use this component. Please check with Digital Metaphors which RB version you need for your TeeChart version, then install TeeChart and finally ReportBuilder.

Regarding the charting issue you found. Can you reproduce it in a simple TeeChart project without ReportBuilder? If so it will be a TeeChart issue otherwise it will be ReportBuilder's.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum