isometric axes working properly

Ideas and wishes for TeeChart
David Novo

isometric axes working properly

Post by David Novo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:21 am

Hello,

I know you have the isometric axes in the whats new demo. However, those axes are not very useful. In the demo, when you click the isometric button, adds extra blank space to the bottom axis before and after the data, so the length of axis with the data is the same on the X and the Y.

However, that leaves tons of blank space before and after the data on the bottom axis, which looks quite ugly.

What would be more useful (IMO) is to shrink the size of the chartrect so the x and y axis lengths are the same and then center the chart in the resulting space.

I have managed to almost do this by altering the tchart code, however, by the time I can calculate what the length of the axes will be, the legendRect and some of the axesRects are already calculated, so changing the chartrect at that point leaves those other ones alone. So the chartrect gets centered but the axes labels are in strange spots.

I am not sure if I explained myself well. If you let me know where to email, I can send you an image of what I mean.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:03 am

Hello David,

Yes please, send us your images at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup.

Also notice that in v7.07 CustomChartRect property was introduced as you can read here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

David Novo

Post by David Novo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi Narcis,

I have posted to the attachments group. You can see how Tchart behaves now and how I should feel it behaves.

I have not upgraded to 7.07 yet. We have fixed too many bugs and added too many new features in the tchart code to upgrade very easily :-)

As for the customChartRectProperty.... What I need is for tchart to calculate its chartrect as it normally would, and then afterwards, I need to adjust the chartrect so

if bottomAxis.length>leftAxis.length then
bottomAxis.length:=leftAxis.length
else
leftAxis.length:=bottomAxis.length

// now, center the chartrect in the tchart

Then, once I adjust the chartrect, all of the other parts (i.e. titles, legend, labels, etc. etc) should readjust themselves based on the new chartrect.

Is that possible with the new customChartRect, or do I have to set the customChartRect BEFORE all the other elements (legend, titles) are calculated.