Background color when trying to save or copy chart

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
DA

Background color when trying to save or copy chart

Post by DA » Tue May 25, 2004 9:25 am

There are two problems with background color.

1. When I set background color other than Transparent, it's always shown as black.

However transparent color is OK for me. But there's another problem.

2. When I'm trying to save chart

Code: Select all

_chart.Export.Image.GIF.Save(fileName);
background color is always black for all formats. And when I'm trying to copy it

Code: Select all

_chart.Export.Image.GIF.CopyToClipboard();
background color is always blue.

I've already tryed different formats. And I've got the same results when saving and copying chart in design mode.

Is this a bug or maybe something is wrong with my chart settings?
Version 1.1.1544.23908.
Thanks in advance.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue May 25, 2004 10:37 am

Hi,

yes, you're correct, we're aware of these problems. And have added them to the list of defects for the TeeChart for .Net, meaning that a fix to them will be considered for inclusion into the mainenance release.

MTB

workaround -- partial solution

Post by MTB » Mon May 31, 2004 12:04 pm

I have a comment that I hope may help. I also have a related question.

First, I have found a workaround for this problem when copying charts to the clipboard at runtime. It may also work for printing, but I haven't tried it.

Instead of using Chart | Panel | Background | Color... in the TeeChart Editor, I use Chart | Panel | Background | Pattern... I can set the colors and even the background image in this dialog and those settings are used when I copy the chart.

The pattern dialog stills seems a bit buggy to me, but it overcomes the worst problems.

My question is that my bugs seem a bit different. While I get the blue background whenever I copy charts (unless I use the Pattern workaround), I have other problems with displaying the background color. Basically, I can't change it at all at runtime (unless I use the Pattern workaround). Transparency settings don't seem to have any effect for me.

Is this part of the same defect that is being addressed?

Regards,
David