Error after installation of TeeChart.

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
betulus

Error after installation of TeeChart.

Post by betulus » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi,

I have just installed TeeChart version 1 for Visual Studio / .Net. When I tried to add the Component to my Toolbox in VS, I got the following error:

"The following assemblies are installed SDK assemblies but could not be shown in the customize toolbox dialog because they are missing one or more components. Please make sure that all necessary libraries are available:
teechart.pocket.dll"

I then rebooted and the error message stopped appearing, however when I try to add the TeeChart control to an ASPX page, the icon is disabled.

When I try to add the control to a Form in a .NET windows form it works, but bizarrely it is categorised as a WebForm control!

Any ideas?
Thanks
Matt
TeeChart.NET Version 1
Build 1.1.1544.23908

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi Matt,
I have just installed TeeChart version 1 for Visual Studio / .Net. When I tried to add the Component to my Toolbox in VS, I got the following error:
Which component are you trying to add ?
Does the intallation has finalized without errors ? If so, once you open VS.2003 and create a new Project (WinForm App), are you able to see the Steema TeeChart components tab in the ToolBox ?

betulus

Post by betulus » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:03 pm

Hi Josep,

Thanks for replying so promptly.

The install ran with no errors.

Regarding your question about which component, I only get an option to add one component : Name = TChart, Namespace = Steema.TeeChart. I assume that is the WebChart component as described in your tutoral, but can't be sure! I also added a project reference to the TeeChart Pro assembly.

Thanks.
Matt

betulus

Post by betulus » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:06 pm

I was wondering whether perhaps I have the wrong version of TeeChart to work with Visual Studio 2003. Is TeeChart.NET Version 1 compatible with VS 2003?

Thanks
Matt

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:28 pm

Hi Matt,

yes, of course, it's compatible. Are you able to run the examples you can find under :
F:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v1\TeeChartForNET
?
Creating a new Win Forms app (C# or VB.Net) , are you able to se the Steema Teechart Components tab n the designer ?