Issues with TeeChart MAUI

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
cbrandin

Issues with TeeChart MAUI

Post by cbrandin » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:59 pm

I've been trying to update apps from Xamarin to Maui. I've run into several issues:

The Left Axis Title Caption doesn't put the caption in the right place. It appears to be put the caption at location 0,0 which results in it not appearing on the chart at all. I came up with a work-around that puts it where I want (disabling autolocation) , but the behavior is still very strange. Even using manual location parameters, the draw function changes the location parameters every time it is run.

The Zoom and Panning mouse button settings don't work because the mouse event button parameter always shows the button as "left" no matter which button is pressed. This makes it impossible to use zooming and panning features at the same time.

Panning doesn't work right. the chart image jumps around after the first panning operation. It's as if the chart's click location is confused about where the mouse was clicked.

Zoom and Panning functions don't work correctly on Android and IOS devices. No matter how you set Zoom and Panning direction parameters, for example, Android and IOS devices end up using "both" for the direction parameters. Also, panning still has the above-mentioned issue.

To test all this out I modified the LineChart xaml and xaml.cs files from the TeeChart.Maui.Demo project (files attached) to show these issues. I embedded comments that should make testing self-explanatory. It may only work with Windows (I was unable to run the project on Android). I am able to run the app I am updating on IOS and Android and was able to discover the issues related to those platforms.

The app I am trying to update is fairly complex and I was able to update other chart functions without too much effort. These other issues, however, I can't figure how to resolve. I managed to work arounf the Left Axis Caption issue, but I'm concerned that some of these issues are caused by various functions overwriting the wrong variables, or something like that.

Are there any plans to update the TeeChart MAUI product to resolve these issues, assuming they are indeed bugs and not because I'm using the product incorrectly. The app I'm updating worked like a charm with iOS compiled with Xamarin.
Attachments
Views.zip
Modified LineChart view files for Teechart.Maui.Demo project
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

cbrandin

Re: Issues with TeeChart MAUI

Post by cbrandin » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:22 pm

After making some more tests I have discovered the following:

When ported to iOS or Android the zoom and panning parameters appear to be ignored. No matter what you change nothing happens. In fact if you disable panning and zoom altogether the devices still zoom - but not just for the chart, but for the entire Teechart frame. Also the zoom is always for both horizontal and vertical dimensions. So far, I have been unable to get panning to work. If you use gestures on a Windows computer (rather than mouse clicks) it behaves the same way. It looks like the gesture zoom and panning functions operate in a way that is independent of their parameter settings.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:45 pm

Hello,
sorry for delay on answer.
Having reviewed your problems, yes, we had some problems and difficulties to make work both panning and zooming at the same time and make work for all available platforms supported on MAUI. Msoft did not given us a good solution for this.
Let me try to find or create a basic demo where can show the available funcionalities on TeeChart MAUI.
In the case that you have a good MAUI demo that shows the zoom and panning, not by using teechart but other component please share it so we can look at it and compare with base code used.

Let me prepare and send the demo as soon as possible.
Thanks

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:45 pm

Hello
just inform that we've just added a new TeeChart NET for MAUI nuget package that includes some events that were not triggered before like mouvemove, mouserhover (for seriesenter and seriesleave) and also some improvements on panning funcionality for mobile. Zoom on android still not working in the same way as it does for Windows platform.