Visual error and crash in iOS

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
ma1

Visual error and crash in iOS

Post by ma1 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi,

I'm using TeeChart for Xamarin.iOS v2015 4.15.05.26.
The attached test project displays a very simple bar chart. However, I'm facing two issues:

1) When the bottom axis labels have a 90 degree angle, the labels are cut off (the last letter of each label is missing). I know that version 4.15.05.26 was supposed to fix this issue, but it did not.

2) I'm trying to get horizontal grid lines to appear on the chart area. In order to do this, I configure Axes.Left.Grid appropriately. However, this leads to a crash. Only if I uncomment the following line:

Code: Select all

this.Chart.Axes.Left.Grid.Visible = false;
the charts works without crashing, but I don't get any grid lines in that case (of course). Note that the same code used to work in previous versions - it stopped working when I migrated my project to iOS unified.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
TeeChartTest.zip
(8.16 KiB) Downloaded 669 times

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Visual error and crash in iOS

Post by Narcís » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:49 am

Hi ma1,
ma1 wrote: 1) When the bottom axis labels have a 90 degree angle, the labels are cut off (the last letter of each label is missing). I know that version 4.15.05.26 was supposed to fix this issue, but it did not.
Yes, this is the same issue we discussed at StackOverflow. I just confirmed the problem is still present. I added it to our bug list (bug #1223). We will investigate it and get back to you ASAP.
ma1 wrote: 2) I'm trying to get horizontal grid lines to appear on the chart area. In order to do this, I configure Axes.Left.Grid appropriately. However, this leads to a crash. Only if I uncomment the following line:

this.Chart.Axes.Left.Grid.Visible = false;
the charts works without crashing, but I don't get any grid lines in that case (of course). Note that the same code used to work in previous versions - it stopped working when I migrated my project to iOS unified.
Thanks for reporting. I could reproduce this one as well and added it to the bug list (bug #1224). I found this only occurs when Grid.Color is set to white. Commenting out the line below works fine as well. So you can get non-white grid lines.

this.Chart.Axes.Left.Grid.Color = UIColor.White.CGColor;
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi ma1,

just inform that both bugs have been fixed now. A new maintenance release will be posted on our web site in one or two days.

ma1

Post by ma1 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:53 am

That's great, thank you!