Multiple Series with Same Axis Span on Chart?

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
OilMan

Multiple Series with Same Axis Span on Chart?

Post by OilMan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:21 pm

Hello,

I have a chart with multiple series and custom axes. Everytime a series/axis is added the start and end labels for the custom vertical axes each start at a different place so they do not overlap:

axis1.StartPosition = 1
axis1.EndPosition = 100

axis2.StartPosition = 6
axis2.EndPosition = 94

axis3.StartPosition = 11
axis3.EndPosition = 89

etc...

This works great, but everytime an axis gets added the space each consecutive series takes up gets smaller and smaller. Is there any way to have the labels of the axes not overlap, but each series take up the same space on the chart (as if each start and end were 1 and 100)? Thanks.

Grant

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:36 pm

Hi Grant,

how about increasing the margin left and changing the custom axis position ?

OilMan

Post by OilMan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:17 pm

Hey there,

Right now I have a maximum of 8 custom axes, and each one's start/end position is changed by 5 increments when a new one is added. So the 8th one start position is at 36 and end position is at 64. Therefore the data does not take up very much room, whereas the 1st series has from startposition 1 to endposition 100. I've got chart.Panel.MarginLeft = 8, but this is so my axis title is not cut off. I would like each data series to use up the same amount of real estate on the chart. I hope I've explained my problem clearly.

Grant

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:54 pm

Hi Grant,

could you please post an example into the steema.public.attachments newsgroup with which I can see what you refer ?

OilMan

Post by OilMan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:28 pm

Hi Josep,

I don't see a link for steema.public.attachments newsgroup on the web page http://www.teechart.net/support/modules ... Newsgroups

Regards,

Grant

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:08 am

Hi Grant,

you must access through : news://www.berneda.com