Stopping End & Start Points joining?

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Mods

Stopping End & Start Points joining?

Post by Mods » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:25 am

I am Using C# for the .NET compact framework with the TeeChat.Pocket libary on a Pocket PC 2003.

My graph is drawn continusly with rolling points, however i have also enabled so that graph value s are written to a file and when a user clicks a button the graph pause's and retrieves the values from the file to draw a static graph between 2 points.

This works fine, however once, the static graph has finished being plotted a line shoots across the screen backwards joining the last plotted point to the first plotted point. This looks rather ugly and was wondering if there is a way to stop it? Any help would be grately appreciated, Mods.
My code for drawing the static graph is as follows:

//for every differnet series appearing on the graph:
for(int i = 0; i < this.horizLine1Array.Length; i++)
{

//there is other code here to do with displaying text on the windows form
// and storing the data, nothing to do with drawing the graph.....

//makes sure the graph is only drawn once, not continiously:
if(!this.alreadyDrawnReviewData)
{
//for all the points for each series on the screen (usually around 50):
for(int j = 0; j < this.holdingDateTimeArray.Length; j++)
{
//add all the points one series at a time:
this.horizLine1Array.Add(this.holdingValuesArray[j,i], this.holdingDateTimeArray[j]);

}//end for

//if we have just drawn the review data for the last parameter series, then there is no need to draw them again so set this flag to true:
if(i == this.horizLine1Array.Length - 1)
{
this.alreadyDrawnReviewData = true;
}//end if
}//end if
}//end for

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:29 am

Hi --
This works fine, however once, the static graph has finished being plotted a line shoots across the screen backwards joining the last plotted point to the first plotted point.
Have you tried changes the Steema.TeeChart.Styles.ValueList.Order Property(s) around to Steema.TeeChart.ValueListOrder.None ?
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

Mods

Post by Mods » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:41 am

No, i havent. It is no longer a problem as i have constructed so the points are continually joined, even on static displays, however it becomes an issue again, i will let you know if what you have recommended works.

Thanks for all your help!

Tomato

Post by Tomato » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:56 am

We just had a similar problem.
I was trying to display 4 series on a chart, which were all in the same table with a common date series. Some of the series had null data for their first points as they didn't start at the same time.
The problem occured when displaying the data in a chart with some series having a null as the leftmost point. What would happen is the other series would connect their second leftmost point to the rightmost point.

Looking at the above, and using the editor, I changed the Sort Order from the default (None) to None, and the problem corrected itself. I was then able to adjust each series in code by explicitly setting the valuelist order to None, which I had presumed to be the default.