Scrollable Legend

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
jbalasub

Scrollable Legend

Post by jbalasub » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:02 pm

Is there a way to make the legend associated with a chart scrollable? I have developed an application where the user is adding several series to a chart. Instead of having the legend elongating with each new series, I would like to have a default size for the legend, and have the legend become scrollable when the text has surpassed the region that I have defined. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:29 am

Hi,

yes, I've posted one example (VB.Net code) of this into the steema.public.attachments newsgroup.

jbalasub

Newsgroup?

Post by jbalasub » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:17 pm

Hi,

Is there a web interface to view this newsgroup? When I click on the newsgroup link I don't see the steema.public.attachments newsgroup in the list.

Thanks!

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:37 pm

Hi,

yes, because you should go through Outlook Express or similar :
news://www.berneda.com/steema.public.attachments

jbalasub

Legend physically linked to legend

Post by jbalasub » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:10 am

Thanks for your help. I looked at the solution, but I was wondering if there is a way to have a scrollbar physically linked to the legend. So basically I am wondering if there is a way for me to make the legend work like a System.Windows.Forms.ListView. So when the number of series increase passed a predefined region, a scrollbar would appear attached to the legend, and the size of the legend would be constant. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:25 pm

Hi,

this feature will be added in one of the next releases. For the moment is only available in the VCL and ActiveX version (as LegendScrollBar Tool).
But another way around this is to use the ChartListBox component which works like the ListView.