An Exception 'System.InvalidCastException' has occurred in T

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Jim Holmes

An Exception 'System.InvalidCastException' has occurred in T

Post by Jim Holmes » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:54 pm

Hi,

I'm having difficulty installing TeeChart v1 for Visual Studio .Net. I am running VS 2002.

When I originally installed it I got the following error:

An Exception 'System.InvalidCastException' has occurred in TOOLBO~1.exe

But it seemed to work and I could use it from within VS.

I had a problem with the Click series event and was advised to download the lastest version as it would fix my problem.

I did, not knowing it had been targeted at the Dot.Net 1.1 Runtime and tried to install it.

I have since tried to install the version released on the 16th of Jan 2004 which was targeted at the 1.0 Runtime.

Each time I have attempted to install TeeChart I get the same :

An Exception 'System.InvalidCastException' has occurred in TOOLBO~1.exe

error.

Jim

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:52 pm

Hello Jim,

The ToolBoxEditor is used by the TeeChart installer to configure the 'Steema' components tab in the toolbox. A failure of that at install time should not affect the running of TeeChart though it may require that you later manually install the TeeChart components to the Toolbox palette.

In the 2 different versions of the TeeChart installer the Toolbox utility was compiled with the respective framework version of Visual Studio.

I'm not sure what might cause the invalid cast error. The utility checks for the existence of both releases of VisualStudio, it may be incorrectly returning information at that point, perhaps if a de-install was done on a 2003 version of Visual Studio. Is it possible that is the case? Does the utility correctly install the Toolbox icons?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Software