DBChart Questions

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Brett

DBChart Questions

Post by Brett » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:56 pm

Hi,

We have recently added the DBChart 7.x component to our application. For the most part it is working really well. Looks great, good performance, and has some wonderful viewing/formating options. However, I do have a few questions of things I just can't seem to find information on.

RUN-TIME DATASETS

At design-time we can select a dataset as a series data source. Is there any way to enable this a run-time? Through trial-and-error we managed to get the Single Record option visible (by including the TeeDBSourceEditor) unit. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the dataset option visible.

So far we are setting things by hard-coding values in Delphi, but we do require that users have the ability to select what data to chart at run-time.

ZOOM/SCROLLING

As soon as we define any type of OnClick event (say OnClickBackground), the user can no longer zoom or scroll. Is there anyway to either (a) allow the chart to continue processing the click for normal zoom/scrolling after the event, or (b) determine the series clicked on from a point. All we need to know is what series was double-clicked on. So far, we only seem able to do this from an OnSeriesClick event -- remember the series and wait for the double-click to occur later.

SAVECHARTTOFILE/LOADCHARTFROMFILE

Some properties do not seem to be saved. For example: on the 3D panel the elevation isn't saved on a pie chart?

OPTIONAL COMPONENTS/CHARTS/FEATURES

Through trial and error, we've discovered that including certain optional units adds functionality to the run-time designer -- donut charts, themes, jpeg, gif, etc. Is there anywhere that these are listed -- i.e. if you want this functionality include this optional unit, if you want that functionalty include this optional unit.

INTEGRATING RUN-TIME HELP

Finally, our app uses it own help file system -- using THelpRouter and a chm file. Is there anyway to a) disable the ? on the editor, and b) intercept the Help (and F1) button press to launch our own help.

Many thanks,

Brett