v8.04 + Large Font -> Chart Editor problems

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Miket

v8.04 + Large Font -> Chart Editor problems

Post by Miket » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:24 pm

There are serious problems with Chart Editor secondary dialogs in Large Font mode.

Settings: TeeChart v.8.04, Windows XP SP3, Large Font mode (120 DPI):

The problems can be easily seen with Tee8New.exe demo:
Open "Basic Features" example and click "Show the Chart editor..." button. Check all secondary subdialogs.

Problematic subdialogs include at least:

"Border Editor", "Pointer", "Gradient Editor".

The dialogs are truncated, sometimes OK and Cancel buttons are not visible!

The problem is quite serious to me, since I have many users prefering Large Font mode.

When it would be possible to have a fix to this issue (I am a source code customer)?

Regards,
Michael

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Michael,

This is a high priority issue in the defect list (TV52011726) but I'm not able to give an estimate date for a fix at the moment.

In the meantime, and as a workaround, being a sourcecode customer enables you resizing the dialogs.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Miket

Post by Miket » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:01 am

Hi Narcís,

Thank you for the information.

Meantime I was able to fix all these and previous issues, yet some modifications have been rather non-trivial.

A couple of additional problems for your collection:
1) TComboFlat height with Style = csOwnerDrawFixed remains that same even when Large Fonts are used. It causes weird look of this control (Border Editor dialog, Pointer dialog).
2) There is a bug in the logics of TSeriesPointerEditor initialization ( Chart Editor -> Select some Series -> Series->Marks->Arrows->"Pointer" button -> the dialog is truncated, some controls are not visible. It is not related to Large Font setting, the problem can be seen with any screen resolution using Tee8New.exe Demo.

Best regards,
Michael

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:41 am

Hi Michael,
1) TComboFlat height with Style = csOwnerDrawFixed remains that same even when Large Fonts are used. It causes weird look of this control (Border Editor dialog, Pointer dialog).
Could you please give us more detailed instructions on how to reproduce this?
2) There is a bug in the logics of TSeriesPointerEditor initialization ( Chart Editor -> Select some Series -> Series->Marks->Arrows->"Pointer" button -> the dialog is truncated, some controls are not visible. It is not related to Large Font setting, the problem can be seen with any screen resolution using Tee8New.exe Demo.

This works fine for me here using v8.04. Could you please send us an image of what you get?

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Miket

Post by Miket » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi Narcís,

These issues are very easily reproducible just with Tee8New.exe (stand-alone demo download is still broken at steema web site, it is necessary to use all demos download).

Please, have a look at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup, the same subject as here.

More detailed comments included.

Regards,
Michael

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 am

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information. I've added it to the original issue to be investigated.
Best Regards,
Steema Software