TDBChart and Delphi 7.1

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
AgarSpirit

TDBChart and Delphi 7.1

Post by AgarSpirit » Wed May 19, 2004 3:12 pm

I am using Delphi 7 Professional and teeChart 5.03

I have just applied the lastest update (7.1) from Borland for Delphi and am now getting the following fatal error whenever I use a TDBChart.

[Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): Unit DbChart was compiled with a different version of Chart.TCustomChart

I assume that if I recomplied TeeChart with Delphi 7.1 then the problem would be fixed. Can anyone confirm that is the case. I am however reluctant to go do down this path as it is an expensive solution (I do not have TeeChart source code and I assume would also need to go to TeeChart 7). Are there any other solutions.

Regards

Gilbert

Post by Gilbert » Wed May 19, 2004 6:11 pm

A unit should not complain like that unless there is a mismatched dcu / pas file somewhere. Perhaps delphi 7.1 ships with its own chart.pas. Ensure the only copies of the files in question (dcu & pas) are those you bought from Steema. Having said this i had a similar problem when installing a non-source component on Delphi 7 Evaluation (was fixed when i installed the full version of Delphi).
If that fails, thanks for the advice - i was about to install 7.1 myself.

AgarSpirit

Post by AgarSpirit » Thu May 20, 2004 8:13 am

Gilbert

Thanks for that. I sorted out Chart.dcu to then have a probem with TeeProcs. Not knowing how many more of these there were going to be I changed the Library path sort order to put TeeChart\Lib ahead of Delphi\Lib. That fixed the problem.