TeeChart 6.01 - Delphi 6 RTL 3 - Cannot compile package

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MorenoM

TeeChart 6.01 - Delphi 6 RTL 3 - Cannot compile package

Post by MorenoM » Tue May 11, 2004 2:23 pm

We are not able to compile in a package a class that derives from the TChart Pro and are seeking some advice.

The compiler error we get is:

[Fatal Error] SpeedwellChart.dpk(33): Never-build package 'Tee66' must be recompiled

As you will see the class cannot be simpler than this. Its declaration is indeed:

TMyChart = class(TChart)
end;

For your information, when the TChart is on a Delphi Form it works, it does not work with packages only! The correct version is shown in the Delphi IDE.

Please, would you be kind enough to tell us how to solve the problem?

Many thanks,

Michael Moreno

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue May 11, 2004 3:27 pm

HiMoreno,

does it works (compiles fine) placing a TChart component on the Form ?
If not, do you have all the Delphi6 patches installed ? (if not, you should uninstall the TeeChart Pro v6.01, install all the Delphi6 patches and then install the TeeChart Pro again).

MorenoM

Post by MorenoM » Tue May 11, 2004 4:00 pm

Thanks for your answer,

I have already uninstalled, reinstalled the Tchart, I have already checked the Library path (was actually forced to since when I uninstalled the Tchart it deleted the delphi libray path and source path... a bug you know about that was supposed to happen only with v6 but apparently I get it with 6.0.1 too). I have lost in total about 20 working days on this issue over the last 2 years each time I have had to rebuild a dev machines (all with delphi 6 RTL 3 but under NT4, 2000, XP, etc)

The TChart works on a form without any problem at all.

The problem only occurs when I derive it in a package and try to compile the package.

For your information, about 2 years ago you sent to us the source code of version 6. It usually takes me around 3 days of uninstalling/reinstalling and messing around with the TChart to be able to compile a package with it even though whatever exotic solution I attempt I have no problem when it is on a TForm.

I have even trying to copy all my delphi and Tchart directories from a machine that works to this new one ( I did not forget any BPLs including those in windows\System32...).

FYI, apart from the TChart and the DevExpress components we do not have any other external component.

As I have mentioned in the email I sent to info@steema.com (did not get any reply yet), we would be happy to buy the source code of v6.0.1 if that solves this issue. We do not want the source code at all but we cannot afford to lose every few months 3 working days to make it work. If the TChart was not so fantastic we would have already replaced it for another one... Actually, probably by the ActiveX version which I am sure does not have this issue.

Thanks for your help,

Michael Moreno