Missing Labels on X Axis

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
InfotrayAndi

Missing Labels on X Axis

Post by InfotrayAndi » Tue May 11, 2004 7:03 am

I ran into a problem with TeeChart 5.02 for Delphi 5. When displaying 3 series where not every series has a data point to each x value, TeeChart sometimes skips to draw labels even though there is information and enough space to draw one. If I change the order of the series in the component, some other Labels are missing. It is vital to our application that this functions properly.

Is that bug fixed in the new Version of TeeChart (7)?

Any workarounds?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue May 11, 2004 3:14 pm

Hi Andi,

It's not a bug, it's as designed. The bottom axis will show the labels added with the first Series (for example in case the first Series has no data point then will not show the label).

In your case (seeing the screenshot you sent me directly) I think you're using labels, I mean you have added the points with Labels (i.e. AddXYx,y,'label',clteecolor). One way to solve this could be to asign the bottom axis style to "Values" , set to DateTime and then set the format. You can also use the OnGetAxisLabel event to customize the Axis labels.

Another way to solve this is creating a fake Series (first series) with all the Labels you want to be showed and set the color to clNone.