Tool Series error

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
kev

Tool Series error

Post by kev » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:50 pm

Compile error when compiling with Builder6 and TChart 7 Pro.
message reads:
[C++ Error] TeeTools.hpp(45): E2316 'TTeeCustomToolSeries' is not a member of 'Teengine'

includes are:
#include <Classes.hpp>
#include <Controls.hpp>
#include <StdCtrls.hpp>
#include <Forms.hpp>
#include <Chart.hpp>
#include <ExtCtrls.hpp>
#include <Series.hpp>
#include <TeEngine.hpp>
#include <TeeProcs.hpp>
#include <TeeTools.hpp>

Ideas??

thanks,
Kevin

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:32 am

Hi Kevin,

did you use a binaries installer or did you install from sources ? It looks to me BCB or your project might still be referencing old TeeChart files.

If first (BCB), check the include and library paths. Especially check if Teechart v7 paths are first on the list. If they are not move them to first place. Next thing to do is make a list of all files in TeeChart v7\Cbuilder6\ directories. Then search other BCB include and library path directories for duplicate files. If you find any, remove/backup them.

If second then most likely your project bpg file might still be referencingold bpi/lib files. To check/fix this problem, open bpg file and check if the project old references Teechart v7 packages (they will have Tee7C6 in their name). If there are any other (older version) Teechart packages, replace them with new package names. This has to be done for bpi and lib files.

kev

Series Compile Error

Post by kev » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:38 pm

I used the installer downloaded from the Steema site. I do not have the source code. I believe that I removed all of the 5C5 references from the project and the only references in the path and lib directories point to the BCB include/lib directoried and to the 7C6 installation include and lib dirs. I have since also incountered a problem with using "Functions" as a data source.

I have used teechart for a long time and I like it a lot, BUT..... it always seems like pulling teeth to get it installed and running properly. Seems like with all of the resources available that they could make the installation easier.

thanks,
Kevin

kev

Tool Error Problem Solved...I think

Post by kev » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:04 pm

2 things. First I moved the inc and lib path up to the 1st in the list. Also every time that I ADD a tool, I get an error that it cannotfind the include file TeeTools. When looking at the source, I see the line:
#include "TeeTools.h" .... There IS NO such file! I change that to:
#include <TeeTools.hpp> and everything seems to work fine. I still may have something screwed up somewhere, but this at least works.

thanks,
Kev