TColorGridSeries - using ColorRange

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MTW

TColorGridSeries - using ColorRange

Post by MTW » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:01 pm

I am using a TColorGridSeries to display a 2D representation of 3D data, with different colors showing different magnitudes of "Y" values. With Grid3D set to Palette (with appropriate palette chosen), IrregularGrid=true, UsePaletteMin=true, UseColorRange=false, and LegendStyle=Automatic, then my spectrum displays properly with associated legend (although the legend maximum does often significantly exceed the maximum y value of my data). If however, I set Grid3D to ColorRange (with appropriate range chosen, to match accompanying waterfall 3D plot), although the spectrum displays properly (i.e. with chosen color range), I am unable to obtain a proper legend for this graph - the legend maximum is below that of the peak y data, and the color range of the spectrum display is truncated - i.e. all values above the legend max are displayed at the same color value.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
M Weingarden

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:12 am

Hi MTW,

Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here and let us know the TeeChart version you are using?

You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

MTW

Post by MTW » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:26 pm

I uploaded on your upload page a project demonstrating the problem - ColorGridTest.zip.

I am using BCB 6.0 TChart V8.0 (same problem was in V 7.x)

It shows that with default settings, full legend (for ColorRange setting) is not displayed. I can display the full legend by changing legend offset to -10, however this compresses the legend font to the point that it is unreadable. And setting LegendEvery=2 (to uncompress the legend lines) again truncates the displayed legend.

Thank you for your assistance.
M Weingarden

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi,

a good trick to solve you problem could be to use the TLegendScrollBar tool, this way you could see all the legend values.