bar graphs initially at 100%

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Tarnz

bar graphs initially at 100%

Post by Tarnz » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:01 am

Hi,

My application uses bar graphs, both horizontal and vertical, to display realtime acquired data. Everything is great except at the beginning when I display the chart and all of the data values are 0. The charts shows them all at 100% and the squat "bars" occupy the middle of the chart. This initial screen is confusing our customers. When finally data arrives and at least one of the data values is non-zero, all is good. So I am looking for a way to make the initial values all appear as 0% or not at all. Can you suggest a way, or is there a parameter that I can change? I tried adding some logic where if the data values are all zero to not display the series, but of course that also prevents the labels from appearing, something which I very much need.

Thanks in advance,
Harry

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:13 am

Hi.

Perhaps you could manually set axis range (scale) in case all values are the same and zero. You could for example check series minimum and maximum values, and if they are the same and zero, manually set axis scale by using TChartAxis.SetMinMax method, otherwise let the TeeChart algorithm calculating the range.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com