Error in Functions on the Editorpage?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Jan

Error in Functions on the Editorpage?

Post by Jan » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:51 am

After creating a series on a form with data (presented on another form) everything works all right. But when hiding the form with the chart and deleting all series something interesting happens.
When recreating a new chart (maybe with new chart properties, different number of series) and showing this form again in the Editor under Series/data source/function page the old series can be seen and then attached the new ones. Do i have to clean up there by code or what can i do?

On the other hand i can not apply a function to a series with data from another series by using the editor. I have a button beside the chart, that calls your editor and would like to do it this way.
Do i have to call any other routines? (Example: 2 line series presenting data, and one unused series. Now i would like to use the mean function for unused series 3 with data from line series 2. I would like to do this with your editor, but i can#t see anything - maybe due to the problem mentioned above?)

Thanks Jan
(Delphi 7/ TeeChart6)

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:26 am

Hi Jan,

>series can be seen and then attached the new ones. Do i have to clean >up there by code or what can i do?
How're you removing the Series ? Have you tried to run the "FreeAllSeries(nil)" method after the Series have been removed ?

>line series 2. I would like to do this with your editor, but i can#t see >anything - maybe due to the problem mentioned above?)
Yes, it could be related with the above.

Jan

Post by Jan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:19 pm

I tried to use FreeAllseries for removing all series at once. I can not say how many series will be generated, because this is a fact the users decides.
I thought this command would do it for me. No series can be seen afterwards. Only the mentioned combobox keeps its information and generates more names which will be attached when generating more series.
Did i understand something wrong? Or what could it be?

Jan

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:59 am

Hi Jan,

I'm sorry, I cannot reproduce the problem here, could you please send me one example to the steema.public.attachments newsgroups so I can check it ?

Jan

Sorry,

Post by Jan » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:36 pm

but i am am not allowed to post anything there. I can just reach it by my webbrowser. Everything else is prohibited by the firewall from our institute.Maybe another possibility?
Maybe an enhenced way to find it:
Chart Editor-> Series tab-> DataSource tab -> Choose function in the combo box -> in the left 'avaiable' window a set of series can be seen.
After closing the form for (maybe) changing the preferences or series types and making the form visible again, in the left window the old series can be seen and the new ones. The old ones i think have been deleted by (in the form hide event:
Chart1.RemoveAllSeries;
Chart1.FreeAllSeries();

The whole project has got more than 15000 lines now. I am not really sure if you would like to have the whole. Maybe you can reproduce it.