Application wants OLD BPI's

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
BigOleGuppy

Application wants OLD BPI's

Post by BigOleGuppy » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:18 pm

I've just installed version 6.01 (did not go smoothly, had to manually copy some stuff), and now my application won't compile. It keeps trying to access TEE5C5.BPI (amongst other version 5's). The application was developed under version 5, and has been running fine until I upgraded to version 6.

Any ideas how to tell the application to stop looking for the version 5 stuff? The IDE seems to be using version 6 components.

Thank you.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:20 pm

Hi,

To fix this, check:

- The "Build with the runtime packages" list. It should contain only new TeeChart packages. They will have Tee*6C5* in their name. If you encounter older TeeChart packages (they will have Tee*5C5* in their name), remove them. At the end, "Build with..." list (TeeChart part) should contain:
TEE6C5.bpl;TEEQR6C5.bpl;TEEDB6C5.bpl;TEEUI6C5.bpl;TEEPRO6C5.bpl;TEEGL6C5.bpl;

- Your project group files (*.bpg) are still referencing (and using) old TeeChart *.bpl, *.bpi or *.lib file. Again, the solution is to manually edit (with notepad) *.bpk file are replace all old Teechart files with new ones (locate and *.bpi, *.lib, *.bpl files with Tee*5C5* in their name and replace them with new Tee*6C5* names.