Pie chart shows strange additional lines in 3D mode

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ThomasDe

Pie chart shows strange additional lines in 3D mode

Post by ThomasDe » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:39 am

I am using TeeChart Pro 6.01 with Delphi7 on WindowsXP.
On some machines (WinXP) the pie chart shows (only in 3D mode)
additional lines in the largest piece (if percentage is over 69%) which make this partition look like made of multiple pieces.
If I switch of 3D or enlarge the pie chart drastically the strange lines go away. Has someone other allready seen this problem and knows a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:00 pm

Hi, Thomas.

I've tried to replicate the problem here but I must admit I failed i.e. TeeChart didn't fail :)
I must be missing some property you set (perhaps some extreme 3d angle or some speficic combination of values, 3d parameters and pie pen style). So, if possible, can you send me a small sample application (sources only) which demonstrates this problem ? I'll try it here with TC 6.01 and also do the same with TC v7.0 (beta).
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

ThomasDe

Post by ThomasDe » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:45 pm

Hi Marjan,

Unfortunately this problem is not reproduceable on any system.
It doesn't have to do with extreme 3d angle or some speficic combination of values (all default). The same settings and data on my PC looks OK but on some other systems you get the strange lines. The only thing I can do is send you a bitmap (via email) which shows the problem. Interestingly enough is when I save the chart picure as a metafile the additional lines are also gone (it's only visible in the bitmap).

kind regards,

Thomas

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:04 pm

Hi, Thomas.

Perhaps it's a bitmap resource problem (big chart with additional zoom). Is the problem platform specific ?

As for bitmap attachment: yes, please send it to me:

marjan at steema dot com.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com