Cannot Rebuild TeeChart in RAD Studio 12.1 VCL

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
AndyBell

Cannot Rebuild TeeChart in RAD Studio 12.1 VCL

Post by AndyBell » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:24 am

Hi

We have bought the source code and compiled and installed TeeChart successfully using the TeeRecompile utility.

A test delphi project builds ok.

I need to rebuild from the VCL packages because 1) it's part of our build process and 2) I want to produce the new Modern 64-bit libraries for use with the new C++ Builder compiler.

All the packages build OK except TeeUI929.bpl. where I get these errors:

[dcc32 Error] TeCanvas.pas(5979): E2010 Incompatible types: 'VCLTee.TeCanvas.TTeeCanvas' and 'TeCanvas.TTeeCanvas'
[dcc32 Error] TeCanvas.pas(8745): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TTeeCanvas' and 'TTeeCanvas3D'
[dcc32 Fatal Error] TeeGDIPlus.pas(293): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'TeCanvas.pas'

This happens if I'm building the 32 bit or 64-bit (Modern) target. I have folowed the advice elsewhere on this forum about setting paths and VCLTee is in the unit scope name, but this error persists.

How do I overcome this?

Andy

AndyBell

Re: Cannot Rebuild TeeChart in RAD Studio 12.1 VCL

Post by AndyBell » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 pm

In the end I gave up with the IDE, took the Verbose output from the TeeRecompile.exe and built a batch file with the commands adjusted to look at and save files to win64x instead of win64 and added -JF:COFFI to the end of each build command.

This built the 64 bit .lib files needed by C++ Builder's new 64 bit compiler and my test C++ project builds and runs properly, so it looks good.

The command issued by the IDE to build the packages is massive compared to the one produced by TeeRecompile.exe and I'm thinking that there is a bad path or directive (or something else!) in the IDE generated command. It's not related to the new 64 bit output, because the 12.1 IDE cannot rebuild in 32 bit either.

As my batch file is reusable as part of a build, I'm not intending to figure out what was incorrect - I'm a C++ dev and not a Delphi expert - but will supply the IDE produced path if anyone at Steema wants to analyse it...

Andy

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Rebuild TeeChart in RAD Studio 12.1 VCL

Post by Yeray » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:43 pm

Hello,

The lastest TeeChart release, v2023.39, was built before this new RAD update, so it still doesn't support the new compiler.
We are working on the new version which will support it.
I hope we can publish it later today or tomorrow.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy