Error with change of independent axis

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Errol

Error with change of independent axis

Post by Errol » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:31 am

I use a line graph with 3 or sometimes 4 axes with data. When my independent axis is the Left Axis, everything works fine. However, when I switch the graph to have the independent axis on the Bottom Axis, using the same data, TeeChart always returns a value of 0 for Chart.Axes.Left.Minimum and Chart.Axes.Left.Maximum after calling Chart.Draw. Does TeeChart somehow treat the left axis differently from other axes? If not, can you give me some clues as to what I might be doing wrong? I am unable to provide the code as it is spread over a number of procedures.
Thanks and regards
Errol

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error with change of independent axis

Post by Yeray » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:30 am

Hello,

The axes are independent of each other.
They are dependant on the data in the series they are linked to, when set to Automatic. So, when you have an axis set to a series that has no data, it may have Minimum and Maximum properties set at zero. This should change from the moment you add some data to any of the series linked to that axis, or when you manually set Minimum and Maximum properties, ie calling SetMinMax(min, max).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy