Statistics tool

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
bdw
Advanced

Statistics tool

Post by bdw » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:21 am

Hello,

I was trying the Statistics tool on a bar graph series which shows a frequency distribution. In this case the information of interest is actually in the x-axis rather than the y-axis.

Is it possible to get the statistics for the x-axis ?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Statistics tool

Post by Narcís » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:52 am

Hi bdw,

To get that information with a statistics tool, you should use an horizontal bar series. Otherwise you may want to use other TeeChart built-in functions, histogram function, for example. For more information on functions usage please read tutorial 7 and the example at All Features\Welcome!\Functions in the new features demo. Both tutorials and demo are available at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

bdw
Advanced

Post by bdw » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi Narcis,

I ended up adding another point series to the chart that has the statistics tool connected but series is not displayed.

It adds in 2,737,145 points in around 8 seconds and displays the graphs in that time as well.

However calling ChartTool3->Statistics(MemoInfo->Lines); on the two graphs then takes over 30 minutes (I'm still waiting so not sure on exact time).

Chart drawing is quick any idea why the stats is taking so long to be calculated ?

bdw
Advanced

Post by bdw » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:07 am

Was easier to roll my own solution in the end

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Hello,
bdw wrote: However calling ChartTool3->Statistics(MemoInfo->Lines); on the two graphs then takes over 30 minutes (I'm still waiting so not sure on exact time).

Chart drawing is quick any idea why the stats is taking so long to be calculated ?
I'm not able to reproduce the problem here. We would be interested in investigating the issue. Could you please attach a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum