Error message after installing TeeChart Standard for Delphi

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Hardee

Error message after installing TeeChart Standard for Delphi

Post by Hardee » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Hello,

I installed TeeChart Standard into my Delphi 2009 and now I cannot get the packages to load.

I had this problem before in Delphi 7 and even get help for it, but I cannot make that work here.

I get the error Cannot load package Tee812. It contains unit 'TeeAbout' which is also contained in package Tee8120.

I tried renaming DCLTee8120.bpl and I don't see any paths pointing to it.

Thanks for your help.

Hardee Mahoney
Washington DC

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error message after installing TeeChart Standard for Delphi

Post by Yeray » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:00 am

Hi Hardee Mahoney,

Your Delphi 2009 seems to be referencing old TeeChart packages, concretely the runtime package that comes with the IDE (Tee8120). I recommend to you to follow the following steps:
- Open Delphi 2009.
- Uninstall and remove any TeeChart package at the Project/Default Options/Delphi/Packages list.
- Clean any reference to a TeeChart path in the include path, library path,... at Tools/Options/Environment Options/C++ Options/Paths and Directories and Tools/Options/Environment Options/Delphi Options/Library - Win32.
- Close Delphi 2009.
- Remove or backup any previous TeeChart package from Windows system32 folder, and also from your IDE's bin and lib folders. You can search for *tee*12*.
- Reinstall TeeChart into your IDE executing the TeeInstall.exe that should be in your TeeChart installation folder.

This should prepare your IDE to create new projects with TeeChart correctly but you could still find problems if you open a project that has references to another installations. To solve this, you should open the project, navigate to Project/Options/Resource Compiler/Directories and Conditionals and update or remove the erroneous references.
If you still have problems after checking that, please, close the IDE and edit manually your project files with a text editor and search and remove the remaining references in the project if any.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Hardee

Post by Hardee » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I was really flustered.

I've got it running now.

Hardee
Washington, DC

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi Hardee,

I'm glad to be helpful. Have a happy new year.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy