TeeChart 7.07 + QReport 4.06 + C++Builder 5

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Pupix

TeeChart 7.07 + QReport 4.06 + C++Builder 5

Post by Pupix » Mon May 07, 2007 8:39 am

Hi.
After the installation of TeeChart 7.07 (with qreport 4.06) I had some problems with my old code. To be sure that the problem was not in my code I wrote a simple project with a form, on the form a qreport with few fields and a qrchart. If I "Preview" at design time everything is ok; if I call the standard QReport->Preview() at runtime my application raise an axception (access violation) during the printing of the chart (it seems to have an invalid window handler or something).

Can you please help me finding the problem?
(I have even tryed the solution proposed by Bert Kreisel 28 Feb 2005 i.e. a call of Form.Show() before previewing but I get the same result.)

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards
Cristina

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri May 11, 2007 3:56 pm

Hi Cristina,

does the same error happens using PreviewModal() ?

Pupix

Post by Pupix » Fri May 11, 2007 4:14 pm

Yes... sorry ... I forgot to explain that "if I preview" means: I'm using Report->PreviewModal();... it was the first change I had made since I read the other posts.

Pupix

Post by Pupix » Fri May 11, 2007 4:27 pm

In the meanwhile... I've found somthing new... If I build this simple project with the qreport bpl NOT as a runtime packages, I raise no exceptions but I don't see the chart in the preview (modal).

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed May 16, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi,

just to be sure, are you getting the same problem using Preview() and PreviewModal() ?
I know there's a problem using PreviewModal() which does not happens using Preview().

Pupix

Post by Pupix » Wed May 16, 2007 4:29 pm

Ok ... what I have now is this:
(qreport bpl NOT as a runtime packages)

- if I use Preview() method I raise an exception (access violation) and the problem seems to be in the Qrtee::TQRChart::Print (called by TQRCustomBand::Print) that refers to a TQRPrinter.YPos() when the TQRPrinter is NULL (... or something like that.. I don't have the sources..)

-if I use PreviewModal() method I don't have any error but I don't see the chart in the preview

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon May 21, 2007 10:31 am

Hi,

it seems to be related with the bug that Bert Kreisel reported some time ago (TV52010483). For the moment it has not been fixed.

We're going to do some tests in order to reproduce it here. Meanwhile, would you be so kind to check if using QuickReport.PreviewModeless; does work fine ? You did some tests with Form.Show but I'm not sure if tried with PreviewModeless.

Pupix

Post by Pupix » Mon May 21, 2007 10:55 am

Hi

If I use PreviewModeless() I don't see anything in the preview (not only the chart.. the other fields too) ant the application raise an exception (access violation) in TQRStandardPreview.FormClose().
would you be so kind to send me (if you find it) the fixing for the bug... because with this new version (just purchased) my software doesn't work anymore.. and it's a little bit difficult to return to the older one because I have to use QReport 4.06.

Thank you in advance

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu May 24, 2007 9:14 am

Hi,

ok, we're trying to doing some tests in order to reproduce the problem here and try to find a fix for it, we'll back to you with results asap.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu May 24, 2007 11:54 am

Hi Cristina,

We have recreated the environment you mentioned (BCB 5, QR v4.06 Pro and TeeChart Pro v7.07 VCL) and couldn't reproduce the problem here.

I have sent you the project we created to reproduce the problem. Could you please test if it works fine at your end?

Please feel free to modify it so that we can reproduce the issue here.

You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Pupix

Post by Pupix » Fri May 25, 2007 7:37 am

Hi
I have sent you by the "upload page" the same project, modified only in the building settings, with the Tee Components NOT as runtime packages (I had to use it this way because otherway it was looking for TeeChartPRO components that I don't have).
Using the button "PreviewReport" it raises an exception "AccessViolation".
I even sent you TeeQR Components (recompiled with the QReport 4.06) and the Qreport 4.06 source files.
I hope this will be useful

Thank you

Cristina

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon May 28, 2007 9:24 am

We've recreated the environment you are working with and we can run your project with no errors.

So, we've attached at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup the files we used to run it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Pupix

Post by Pupix » Tue May 29, 2007 6:56 am

Can you please be so kind to send me the same files to my email address.. because I have some problems connecting to news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments

Thank you in advance

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 29, 2007 7:22 am

Files sent to your mail, Cristina.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy