TeeChartStandard + QReport 4.07Pro in C++ 2006

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Kevin

TeeChartStandard + QReport 4.07Pro in C++ 2006

Post by Kevin » Fri May 04, 2007 10:32 pm

Dear Support and other users,

Sorry to bug you with this but... I am trying to install/use TeeChart 7.08 + QR 4.07 Pro in BDS C++2006:

Downloaded and installed TeeChartStandard7.08Delphi2006.exe (which appears under the C++ identity as well)
Downloaded TeeChart7_QuickReport_BDS2006.zip from Steema
Downloaded and installed QR407PD2006.exe required in order to compile TeeChart7_QuickReport_BDS2006.
Downloaded and installed QR407PC2006.exe in order to have the QReport components in the C++ identity.

1. Compile/Install the .dpks (with Build as needed and Install all C++Bulider files) I am able to obtain the TQRChart component no problem within Delphi 2006 (which I do not use by the way)

2. The QRChart component is also succesfully installed under the C++ Identity as I compiled with the C++ file generation.... but as soon as I try to drop the component on a page I get:

Cannot load package 'QR4RunD2006.' It contains unit 'LZW,' which is also contained in package QR4RunC2006'.

At this stage I fail to understand how to get the component up properly under the C++ identity; I tried to follow the instructions in the other threads but find them VERY confusing (or confused in fact).

Has anyone faced a similar issue?
I am using the entirely wrong versions?

regards,

Kevin_

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 am

Hi Kevin,

Have you proceeded as told in this thread?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon May 07, 2007 10:53 am

Hi Narcís,

I have followed the thread you mention - but it ends abruptly and with no solution (I think Tom has done something else and hasn't posted it)

1. I am able to compile Dcl/Tee7QR4D10.dpk with QR4RunD2006.dcp like Tom. And I get the LZW collision.

2. I do compile Dcl/Tee7QR4D10.dpk with the "Generate C++ Files" option That doesn't solve the collision.

3. Should I compile the package with QR4RunC2006.bpl? Is there a way to do so? Tom seems to say no....

4. I do not have TeeRecompile.exe nor the SourcePackage for Tee Chart; I am a Tee Chart Standard licensed (paid) customer. Am I using the wrong product? (In the past I managed to get the solution up and running with BCB6 no problem)

regards,

Kevin_

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon May 07, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi Kevin,

Cannot load package 'QR4RunD2006.' It contains unit 'LZW,' which is also contained in package QR4RunC2006'.

This error message makes me think you are trying to install QR 4 for Delphi 2006 when you already have it installed for BCB 2006.

I would try installing QR 4 for Delphi 2006 instead of BCB 2006, try generating its C++ packages and then try installing TQRChart.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon May 07, 2007 2:58 pm

Narcís,

I have installed QR4 for Delphi 2006 and regenerated the packages with the "C++ Files" option.
The two sets packages have been generated but the "C++" package does not show the components in the palette.

I have send a message to the maintainer of QuickReport to enquire if he is aware of the issue or the generation of the C++ packages from the Delphi project.

regards,

Kevin_

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed May 09, 2007 2:21 pm

Narcís,

the maintainer of QuickReport doesn't have anything to suggest.
I can't beleive I'm the only one using the C++ identity, QuickReport and TQRChart.
Doesn't anyone have a clear procedure to follow?

regards,

Kevin_

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed May 09, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi Kevin,

Here you can read how another client set up an environment similar to yours.

Hope that helps!
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed May 09, 2007 3:10 pm

Unfortunately not... I get to the same stage... and the thread dies without solution :-(

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon May 28, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi Kevin,

I've sent directly to your mail account the TQRChart sources for TeeChart 7 Standard with QR4.06 for C2006 (even the package names end to C6).
Could you please try to rebuild and install the DclTQR7C6 package having installed the QR4 for C2006 ?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:46 pm

Hi Yeray,

No luck... can't compile TeeQR7C6 with everything installed fresh:

I have installed TeeChartStandard7.08Delphi2006
I have installed reinstalled TQR406C2006 (instead of 4.07)
I get the following error (which I was getting with 4.07 as well):

QrTee.pas(13): F2051 Unit QuickRpt was compiled with a different version of QRPrgress.TQRProgressForm.

regards,

Kevin_

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Kevin,

This is most likely your C++ Builder 2006 has a version conflict with Quick Report. You may have changed QR versions and the IDE is still referencing files of the previous version and thus the compiling error.

You should try looking for all old Quick Report units and remove them, making sure that your IDE only references correct QR version units/packages. Then try recompiling the packages again.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi again,

I have completely cleared every possible trace of "old" quick report. Then reinstalled a fresh QuickReports 4.06:

TeeQR7C6 builds perfectly
DclTeeQR7C6 fails link phase with lots of unresolved externals. (quoted at the end of this message)

I can't figure out what is missing but it must be pretty obvious.

Have a nice weekend,

Kevin_

[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external '__linkproc__ HandleFinally' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TChartCompEditor::' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TInterfacedObject::AfterConstruction' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TInterfacedObject::BeforeDestruction' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TObject::Dispatch' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TObject::DefaultHandler' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TInterfacedObject::NewInstance' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TObject::FreeInstance' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TObject::{931}' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TComponentEditor::{931}' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TChartCompEditor::Edit' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TChartCompEditor::ExecuteVerb' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TChartCompEditor::GetVerb' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TChartCompEditor::GetVerbCount' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TComponentEditor::Copy' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TComponentEditor::PrepareItem' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TQRChart::GetChart' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external '__tpdsc__ TChartCompEditor' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TClassProperty::' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::{931}' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::Initialize' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::SetPropEntry' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::{931}' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::GetIsDefault' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::Activate' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::AllEqual' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::AutoFill' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::GetOrdValue' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'EditChartDesign' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::GetEditLimit' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::GetName' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TClassProperty::GetProperties' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::GetPropInfo' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::GetPropType' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'FmtStr' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::GetValueW' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::GetValues' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TPropertyEditor::SetValue' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external '__tpdsc__ TClassProperty' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'RegisterNoIcon' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external '_tcQReport' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'RegisterComponents' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'RegisterComponentEditor' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external '__tpdsc__ TQRDBChart' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'RegisterPropertyEditor' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TQRDBChart::' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'TQRChart::' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ
[Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'RegisterNonActiveX' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEEMA SOFTWARE\TEECHART STANDARD 7 FOR DELPHI 2006\DELPHI10\QUICKREPORT\DEBUG_BUILD\TEEQRTEEREG.OBJ

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:29 am

Best Regards,
Steema Software

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:29 pm

Hello Everyone,

I (think) I have done my homework:

1. I have understood the importance of removing anything relating to an old version of TeeChart or Qreports. Removed every possible thing... and managed to compile the TeeQR7C6.bpl.

2. ... unfortunately no way to link DclTQR7C6.bpl I get the same extensive list of Unresolved Externals :-(

This is becoming a real problem as I am unable to deploy the new BDS 2006 environment for only this reason now.

I (really) need help.

Kevin_

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:19 am

Hi Kevin,

ok, we're going to do the same procedure here, prepare the TQRChart sources and generate the compiled files.
We'll send to you all the files directly to you mail account (including instructions) so you can test them asap.