Cannot compile source /Examples/Swing /*.java

TeeChart for Java (NetBeans, Eclipse, Android Studio, etc)
Dobedani

Cannot compile source /Examples/Swing /*.java

Post by Dobedani » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:09 pm

Dear Steema people,

I have been using TeeChart already for a number of years now within the Delphi environment. I also programme in Java and I want to see whether I can use TeeChart with Java too. A while ago I therefore downloaded the evaluation version of TeeChart For Java Build 1.0.1.818, to be precise on 10-Nov-2006.

Today I tried to run a few examples. Unfortunately, my first attempt failed miserably. I added the files Application1.java and Frame1.java to a module and tried to compile. My problems:
1. the import com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.* could not be resolved - maybe because I'm running Windows???
2. class ChartPaintEvent which is referenced in the argument list of methods afterChartPaint and tChart2_afterDrawPerformed cannot be resolved.

Fortunately, I was able to run the AWT example. All the same, I would like to get the Swing example working too. What can I do to achieve this? TIA

Kind regards,
Dobedani
Wageningen
The Netherlands

Dobedani

RE: Cannot compile source /Examples/Swing /*.java

Post by Dobedani » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:28 am

Dear Steema people,

Ok, I have commented out this line:
import com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.*;

and moreover I have replaced the 2 references to the unknown class ChartPaintEvent with references to ChartDrawEvent.

Now, the code compiles and the example seems to work, at least as far as I can tell. HTH

Kind regards,
Dobedani

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. We look into these issues.

Best regards,
tom

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:31 pm

Hi,

Where exactly in the code base did you find these dependencies, since I can't find them in our code-base.

Thanks,
Regards,
Tom.