Labels in polar charts

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
ColinG

Labels in polar charts

Post by ColinG » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:18 pm

I am trying to display custom labels around the circle of a polar chart, to replace the default degree labels. But I can't see how to do this - can you help? I suspect I am missing something obvious!

In a Windrose chart, it displays 8 direction labels (N, NE, E etc) correctly, but I cannot get it to display 16 (N, NNE, NE etc) because I cannot set the Angle Increment to 22.5 (it insists on being an integer). Is there a way round this?

Colin

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:58 pm

Hi Colin,

which teeChart version are you using ? Using the latest TeeChart Pro v7 you can do :
TChart1.Series(0).asWindRose.AngleIncrement = 22.5

ColinG

Post by ColinG » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:51 pm

Thanks for the reply. You are right that it works in the code, but it does not work in the Editor, which converts the angle value to an integer. A minor point - setting the angle to 22.5 in code is fine except that the directions NNE, ENE etc are not displayed. Should they be?

However, my main question was how to set up custom labels around the circle of a polar-type chart. The circle doesn't seem to correspond to any of the axes, so I cannot use OnGetAxisLabel to modify the labels. Is there another way? the reason I need this is to produce a polar chart for value other than angles (for example hours in a day, or months in a year).

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:33 am

Hi Colin,
Thanks for the reply. You are right that it works in the code, but it does not work in the Editor, which converts the angle value to an integer.
Yes, you're correct, in the editor only integer values are accepted, I've added this on our wish list to be modified for future releases.
A minor point - setting the angle to 22.5 in code is fine except that the directions NNE, ENE etc are not displayed. Should they be?
to see all the circle labels you could assign the angleIncrement to 15 :
TChart1.Series(0).asWindRose.AngleIncrement = 15
However, my main question was how to set up custom labels around the circle of a polar-type chart. The circle doesn't seem to correspond to any of the axes, so I cannot use OnGetAxisLabel to modify the labels. Is there another way? the reason I need this is to produce a polar chart for value other than angles (for example hours in a day, or months in a year).
There's not a way to customize the circle labels, it's on our wish list to be considered for further releases. For the moment this only can be done witht he TeeChart Pro (Source Code version), only the VCL, NET and Java versions can be obtained with source code.

Minas

Angle value decimal number in TeeChart 8 ?

Post by Minas » Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi,

have you fixed the editor so i can have decimal values for angle increment at windrose in TeeChart 8 ?

Thanks

Minas

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:30 am

Hi Minas,

yes, it has been fixed for the next TeeChart Pro v8.