ColorLine behaves different in version 6. A bug?

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Jesús Lucas

ColorLine behaves different in version 6. A bug?

Post by Jesús Lucas » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:37 pm

In version 5, if we set a ColorLine tool in left axis with a value less than left axis maximum, that value never changes. This is ok and is the expected behaviour.

In version 6, if we set the same ColorLine tool with the same value, if we lower the left axis maximum to a value less than ColorLine value, the ColorLine value change to match the new left axis maximum. That is a big problem for us. Can we get an advise for solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Best Regards:
Jesús Lucas

Tango/04 Computing Group
IBM ALL STAR Partner
Teléfono: +34 93 274 00 51 Fax: +34 93 345 13 29
Avenida Meridiana 358, 5 A-B
08027 Barcelona

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:10 pm

Hi Jesus,

>maximum to a value less than ColorLine value, the ColorLine value >change to match the new left axis maximum. That is a big problem for >us. Can we get an advise for solve this problem?

Yes, you're correct, we've fixed a bug (which solves the draw of Colorline out of ChartRect ) but has appeared another one. I've added it on our defect list and a fix for it will be considered for the next maintenance releases. In meantime a workaround could be to set the ColorLine Value in the OnScroll event.

Code: Select all

Private Sub TChart1_OnScroll()
    TChart1.Tools.Items(0).asColorLine.Value = Value
End Sub

Jesús Lucas

Post by Jesús Lucas » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:02 pm

Sorry, but the workaround is of no use for us, because the problem appears whenever the axis change, not only when scrolling, but also when zooming or changing the axis (manually or automatically), and the OnScroll event is not called when these thing happens.

However, thanks to show me the right way to focus my workaround: using the events. I find quite useful for this the OnAfterDraw event.

Thanks again.
Best Regards:
Jesús Lucas

Tango/04 Computing Group
IBM ALL STAR Partner
Teléfono: +34 93 274 00 51 Fax: +34 93 345 13 29
Avenida Meridiana 358, 5 A-B
08027 Barcelona