Printing and angled x-axis labels

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
lietmeyer

Printing and angled x-axis labels

Post by lietmeyer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:41 pm

test2.zip
Zipped printout files (.xps).
(144.05 KiB) Downloaded 871 times
Whenever I print one of our TeeChart Charts with m_TeeChart.GetPrinter().Print() or m_TeeChart.GetPrinter().PrintChart() all of the x-axis Labels disappear. The left boundary of the Chart is also missing, and there are some strange dots (parts of the labels?) above the Chart at the top left.
If I print using the Print Preview Dialog and set the "smooth" Option, the Chart is printed correctly. I have attached .xps files with the correct printout when "smooth" is set (test2.xps), and the messed up printout if just printing without print preview or without the "smooth" Option set. (text4.xps).
The x-axis Labels on my Chart are set to a 90° angle. If they are horizontal, printing is ok, though still not as good as the "smooth" result: The tabel texts are rather distorted and the left boundary is still missing.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Printing and angled x-axis labels

Post by Yeray » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:48 am

Hi,

Thanks for the attachments but we'd need a project to reproduce the problem here. Please, see the instructions about "how to post in this forum" below in my signature.
To reproduce smooth checkbox behavior you should use StretchDraw as explained here.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

lietmeyer

Re: Printing and angled x-axis labels

Post by lietmeyer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:22 am

I have attached a sample project demonstrating the problem.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to apply the StretchDraw approach to simulate the smooth Checkbox behaviour as the respective methods are not available in MFC/Visual Studio. Also, the Printer class does not have a getCanvas() method. Do you have any hints on how I could achieve this in my environment?

Hoping you can help - thank you!
Attachments
TeeChart_Test.zip
Visual Studio 2010 project
(499.44 KiB) Downloaded 846 times