Is it possible to use TeeChart v4 Pro in WinForms application (.NET Core 3 preview)

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
bairog
Advanced

Re: Is it possible to use TeeChart v4 Pro in WinForms application (.NET Core 3 preview)

Post by bairog » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:20 am

I've obtained TeeChart.licenses with teechart.winform support and watermark disappeared.
Everything is working exactly as it works in .NET Framework - great.

BTW. You now have six new NuGet packages (TeeChart for .NET Core 3.0 Pro/Business for .Net Core 3.0, .Net Core 3.0 Windows Forms and .Net Core 3.0 WPF). As I can see the only new assembly name among them is TeeChart.WinForm.dll - right?
Regarding new customers and those who are going to renew their licenses - are you going to send them licenses that already support teechart.winform? Or like me they will need to contact sales@steema.com (that is too complicated to my mind)?

Christopher
Guru

Re: Is it possible to use TeeChart v4 Pro in WinForms application (.NET Core 3 preview)

Post by Christopher » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:09 am

bairog wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:20 am
Regarding new customers and those who are going to renew their licenses - are you going to send them licenses that already support teechart.winform? Or like me they will need to contact sales@steema.com (that is too complicated to my mind)?
When .NET Core 3.0 is released in September by Microsoft, all new TeeChart licenses generated by us will contain all the relevant .NET Core 3.0 TeeChart assembly names.
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum

bairog
Advanced

Post by bairog » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 am

Ok, I got it. And some words about release policy regarding that new 6 .NET Core assemblies.
When .NET Core 3.0 is released in September are you planning to have the same release name and build number for all your assemblies? Or .NET Framework assemblies and .NET Core assemblies will have independent releases?
I'm asking because for example the ticket id=2221 has already been fixed in new build ( Steema.TeeChart.NET 4.2019.8.8) but .NET Core assemblies were not updated.
Thank you.

Christopher
Guru

Post by Christopher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:00 am

bairog wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 am
I'm asking because for example the ticket id=2221 has already been fixed in new build ( Steema.TeeChart.NET 4.2019.8.8) but .NET Core assemblies were not updated.
As you correctly point out, this is because the TeeChart .NET Core assemblies are still in pre-release.
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum