Unable to open include file 'Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp'

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Andrew Bond

Unable to open include file 'Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp'

Post by Andrew Bond » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:00 am

I am trying to compile a project with C++Builder XE3 Update 2 that uses the latest TeeChart VCL 2013.08 release.

With the 32-bit compiler, I get the error messages:

[bcc32 Error] VCLTee.TeeGDIPlus.hpp(23): E2209 Unable to open include file 'Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp'
Full parser context
TGxGraphPaper.cpp(10): #include TGxGraphPaper.h
TGxGraphPaper.h(59): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\TeeComma.hpp
TeeComma.hpp(1): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeeComma.hpp
VCLTee.TeeComma.hpp(33): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeeEdit.hpp
VCLTee.TeeEdit.hpp(28): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeeEditCha.hpp
VCLTee.TeeEditCha.hpp(39): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeePrevi.hpp
VCLTee.TeePrevi.hpp(37): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeeGDIPlus.hpp
[bcc32 Error] VCLTee.TeeGDIPlus.hpp(24): E2209 Unable to open include file 'Winapi.GDIPOBJ.hpp'
Full parser context
TGxGraphPaper.cpp(10): #include TGxGraphPaper.h
TGxGraphPaper.h(59): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\TeeComma.hpp
TeeComma.hpp(1): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeeComma.hpp
VCLTee.TeeComma.hpp(33): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeeEdit.hpp
VCLTee.TeeEdit.hpp(28): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeeEditCha.hpp
VCLTee.TeeEditCha.hpp(39): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeePrevi.hpp
VCLTee.TeePrevi.hpp(37): #include C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 2013 for RAD XE3\Delphi17.win32\Include\VCLTee.TeeGDIPlus.hpp

On inspecting the relevant path (C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\include\windows\rtl) I find lots of 'Winapi.xxx.hpp' files, but not 'Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp' or 'Winapi.GDIPOBJ.hpp'.

I have seen some discussion of this issue on this discussion board, but that was a year ago and referred to C++Builder XE2. I would expect the problem to have been fixed in the latest TeeChart release... so what gives?

The latest TeeChart does not work out of the box with C++Builder XE3 or C++Builder 2007, AFAIK.

Any help resolving these issues would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Andrew

PS Please note that I have got the Steem paths specified correctly (and first) in the compiler's environment settings.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to open include file 'Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp'

Post by Yeray » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:31 am

Hi Andrew,
Andrew Bond wrote:On inspecting the relevant path (C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\include\windows\rtl) I find lots of 'Winapi.xxx.hpp' files, but not 'Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp' or 'Winapi.GDIPOBJ.hpp'.
That's strange. I've checked several machines here and all have these files. Have you tried to repair the IDE?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Andrew Bond

Post by Andrew Bond » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:52 am

Ỳeray

I have looked on two different machibnes and these files appear on neither:

Windows 7 32-bit machine
C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\include\windows\rtl does NOT include 'Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp' or 'Winapi.GDIPOBJ.hpp'
On this machine I have installed C++Builder XE3 Update 2 only yesterday and have repaired once already

Windows 7 62-bit machine
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\include\windows\rtl does NOT include 'Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp' or 'Winapi.GDIPOBJ.hpp'
On this machine I have installed C++Builder XE3 Update 1

So ... you are making assumptions about the installation of C++Builder that do not hold with a standard install. What have you done at your end to get these GDIPlus files?

Please can you post (or send) the missing files so I can patch my installation? Send to andrew dot bond at geocentrix dot co dot uk

Andrew

Andrew Bond

Post by Andrew Bond » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 am

A further thought ... when I install XE3, I do NOT install TeeChart Standard (as comes bundled with XE3). Is that necessart to get the GDIPlus headers?

anauta2014

Post by anauta2014 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:38 pm

I've just checked my installation of the XE3-XE4, these file are absent also, and usually I am installing without standard TeeChart
With best regards
Vladimir

Andrew Bond

Post by Andrew Bond » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Just done a clean install of XE3 Update 2, with the option to install TeeChart Standard now on...

Still no sign of GDIPAPI.hpp or GDIPOBJ.hpp in the C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\include\windows\rtl folder.

I am installing the Delphi and C++Builder personalities.

Would someone from Steema please explain how you are getting these files? This problem is not isolated to my machines (see other reports on this forum).

At the moment TeeChart is totally broken for me.

Andrew Bond

Post by Andrew Bond » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:56 pm

I have searched the web and see that this same problem has been reported on these forums here:

http://www.teechart.net/support//viewto ... =3&t=14101

in December 2012.

Why has this NOT been fixed in the latest release? it is clearly a known problem.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Hello,

If you don't find GDIPAPI.hpp, GDIPOBJ.hpp, Winapi.GDIPAPI.hpp and/or Winapi.GDIPOBJ.hpp in the "\include\windows\rtl" folder in your IDE installation, please, use the attached headers that seem to be missing in your installation:
GDIPAPI&GDIPOBJ_XE3.zip
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 844 times
GDIPAPI&GDIPOBJ_XE4.zip
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 872 times
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy