Control Legend Items

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Mike Jones
Advanced

Control Legend Items

Post by Mike Jones » Fri May 07, 2010 9:41 pm

We would like to modify certain legend entries by visually changing the entry. For example if I have 5 series's showing in the Legend called Series A, Series B, ... Series E. We would like to show visually Series B and Series D differently by doing something like one of the following

1. Draw a dark box around the color square for only Series B and Series D as it is shown in the Legend box
2. Change the foreground color of the text of Series B and Series D in the Legend
3. Change the background color of Series B and Series D entries in the Legend
4. Make the text bold that is showing in the Legend box for Series B and Series D

Any other ideas you might have that would allow me to create a visual clue for our users. We do own the source code so if there are some tweaks we could make to the source code that would give us access to the text fonts that would maybe work for us.

We are currently using version TeeChart 3.5.3425.20244 for .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Control Legend Items

Post by Sandra » Mon May 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Hello Mike,

I suggest use an image for identify, SeriesB and SeriesD, you could find an example, that I think you can help do it you want, in TeeChart .Net Demos, concretely in All Features\Welcome !\Miscellaneous\Legend\OnDrawSymbol Event.

I hope will helps.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Mike Jones
Advanced

Post by Mike Jones » Mon May 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Is there anyway to use the the Edit Border property like what is showin in

Welcome !\Miscellaneous\Legend\Symbols Border

That would work perfectly for me if I could specify exactly which series to apply this property. I don't want to apply it to all entries in the legend.

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 am

Hello Mike,
That would work perfectly for me if I could specify exactly which series to apply this property.
Sorry, but for the moment it is not possible. I added your suggestion as Feature request number [TF02014103] to the wish-list to be considered for inclusion in future releases.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum