Series Add Method - dealing with #s greater than 15 digits

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
TimeAcct

Series Add Method - dealing with #s greater than 15 digits

Post by TimeAcct » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Hello,

I have been using TChart for years - and it is a great product (thank you).

Recently I needed to upgrade the application I have been writing - and it needs to support at least Int64 fields for storing the information. However, when I went to change the calls to ADD for the series - I noticed that they are using DOUBLE size fields - which are only 15 digits in significance - where the Int64 are 19 digits in signicance.

Do - you have any plans to support some way of adding larger values to TeeChart in the future? Maybe use Extended which allow for the 19 digits of signicance (note if you need to move beyond that you will have to use FMTBCD fields...).

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Bradley MacDonald
brad_AT_timeacct_DOT.com

TChartSeries.Add
TChartSeries

function Add(Const AValue: Double; Const ALabel: String; AColor: TColor): Integer; virtual; overload;

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi TimeAcct,

Yes, this is possible changing TChartValue as described here. I'll send you an e-mail with the URL to download current v8 sources which solve the issues Pep mentioned in that thread.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

TimeAcct

Thank you...

Post by TimeAcct » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks - this looks like it should do the trick. I will test it tonight or tomorrow.

Bradley