TeeChart in .net Class in Web App problem licence problem

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
KeynetixLtd

TeeChart in .net Class in Web App problem licence problem

Post by KeynetixLtd » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi

I have a .net class which uses the TChart class to generate charts directly into a image files stored on the harddisk. I have added the following licenses.licx file as an embedded resource in this dll.

Steema.TeeChart.Web.WebChart, TeeChart, Version=3.5.3188.18562, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7
Steema.TeeChart.TChart, TeeChart, Version=3.5.3188.18562, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7
Steema.TeeChart.Chart, TeeChart, Version=3.5.3188.18562, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7

This DLL is then used by an ASP.NET website, but I keep getting the following error message :

"An instance of type 'Steema.TeeChart.TChart' was being created, and a valid license could not be granted for the type 'Steema.TeeChart.TChart'. Please, contact the manufacturer of the component for more information., "

Teechart WebChart is also used in other places on the ASP.NET website, which is working fine, and I also have the same licenses.licx in the website's bin directory.

Do you have any ideas what the licenses problem with my dll is?

Many Thanks

KeynetixLtd

Post by KeynetixLtd » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi Again

A bit more information.

I have create a test console application to test my DLL. When I run the console app without the licenses.licx embedded into the console project I get the same error message, but as soon as I embedded the licence file into the console app as well. (as per tutorial 17's instruction) it then works.

So it looks like I need to embedded the licence file into ASP.NET some how?

How can I do this??

Thanks.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi KeynetixLtd,
So it looks like I need to embedded the licence file into ASP.NET some how?
Yes, as told in tutorial 17, licenses.licx needs to be compiled as an embedded resource in the ASP.NET applications. Are you doing so?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

KeynetixLtd

Post by KeynetixLtd » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:30 pm

narcis wrote: Yes, as told in tutorial 17, licenses.licx needs to be compiled as an embedded resource in the ASP.NET applications. Are you doing so?
No I'm not. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi KeynetixLtd,

You could check the ASP.NET demo project shipped with TeeChart. You'll find it at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v3\TeeChartForNET. There you'll see how licenses.licx is included in the project and selecting it and going to its properties window you'll see what I mean.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum