CursorTool problem since upgrade to D2007/TChart 8

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi marc_x,
I have tried uploading an avi file showing the problem... don't know if it worked so i'll go through the steps here
I haven't found the video.
I open RAD2007 with no project saved
Create a new project (Delphi)
Add a chart
double click it and add 2 cursors
save the project
close the IDE (The current project is saved)
Reopen RAD2007
After loading the design time package the IDE loads the last project then I get the error
I ingore all
I get my form with a chart but the cursors are gone
This works fine for me here.
could the design time package not load at the proper time, I have notice once (It opened without error with the project) that I could see the TeeChart package being loaded before the project...
This sounds very strange to me. Closing the project and openning it again after having fully loaded the IDE works fine for you?
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

marc_x

Post by marc_x » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi,

Yes it does, what I do to work around this is start the IDE, ignore the error... load the demo app I had made with a chart then reload my application... it sometime works the first time, sometime I have to try twice.

Rarely does it start the first time properly... It managed twice to do so and those 2 times I could see the TChart package loading after the message "All design time packages loaded"

There would not be a way to set when the packages are loaded (Order).... maybe if I were to have those loaded prior it would change something ?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi marc_x,

This sounds very strange to us and most likely a references problem. Could you please try if you can reproduce the same problem at another machine? You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling TeeChart again.

If problem persists please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

marc_x

Post by marc_x » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Narcis,

I already tried to uninstall/reinstall, Hunted every Tee files to delete them.... and still it seems the package are just not loaded before the project is... as if there were a delay in loading them or such....

I have been working on this project for two years using BDS2006 & TChart7 with no problem at all.... until now

I also have another problem when using TeeChartEditor the following function is called with -1 as Param and fails... thats is when using one of the buttons (Add, Delete, Title, Clone, Change)

// Returns one of the sample colors in default ColorPalette constant array
Function GetDefaultColor(Const Index:Integer):TColor;
Begin
result:=ColorPalette[Low(ColorPalette)+(Index mod Succ(High(ColorPalette)))]; // 6.02
end;

This was also working properly before but now fails with both D2006&D2007...

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi marc_x,

We have never experienced such issue here using v8.04. This also may confirm some setting problems in your environment. Can you please try doing the same in another machine to check if the problem also occurs there?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software