Copy to Clipboard fails to use new chart dimensions

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Mike Jones
Advanced

Copy to Clipboard fails to use new chart dimensions

Post by Mike Jones » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:45 pm

I have demonstrated an undesirable behavior when copying a chart image to clipboard.

I was able to reproduce the issue with the Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v3\Examples\DemoProject\bin\ExecutableDemo\TeeChartNetExamples.exe in the Welcome !\Miscellaneous\Clipboard\Single Chart example.

The call to tChart1.Export.Image.Bitmap.CopyToClipboard();

works as expected the first time it is called. The problem comes when you resize the chart control. If you then try to copy to clipboard, the new size is not copied to the windows clipboard. The call produces an image that has the original size when you 1st copied to the clipboard. All attempts from that point result in the same sized image on the clipboard.

Steps to reproduce issue in the TeeChartNetExample:
1. Started the TeeChartNetExample application and make sure the application is NOT maximized.
2. Size the window so it is wider than it is tall
3. Pressed the Copy to Clipboard button
4. Paste into your favorite paintbrush type application
5. Now resize the window so it is taller than it is wide
6. Press the Copy to Clipboard button
7. Paste into your favorite paintbrush type application
8. Notice that the aspect of the image captured is not the current aspect of window. Instead it is still the original aspect used in step 2.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:11 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reporting. I've been able to reproduce the issue here and added it (TF02012751) to our defect list to be fixed for future releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Mike Jones
Advanced

Post by Mike Jones » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:09 pm

In the release notes

Release Notes February 28th 2008
TeeChart.NET version 3
Build 3.2.2980.19083

15) [TF02012751]
Image Export Width and Height not
always correctly reading Chart Width
and Height. Fixed.

It appears this issue was addressed, however I am still able to reproduce the issue.

The interesting thing is I can't reproduce the problem in the binary that is provided with the Binary installer. I can reproduce the problem in the version I compile with the latest source code provided which is version 3.5.3105.20151. I built using the Release configuration.

I have uploaded my sample project for your review. The file was called ChartSimple.zip

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:28 am

Hello,
Mike Jones wrote: The interesting thing is I can't reproduce the problem in the binary that is provided with the Binary installer. I can reproduce the problem in the version I compile with the latest source code provided which is version 3.5.3105.20151. I built using the Release configuration.
Very strange. Anyhow, the source will be being rebuilt either today or tomorrow for the latest maintenance release and I'll try to remember to check this one for you.
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

Mike Jones
Advanced

I am still seeing the behavior

Post by Mike Jones » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:10 pm

I just reproduced the problem with the binary built by steema, version 3.5.3146.24805

Using the "Copy" button on the ChartController toolbar, that is where I see the problem. If I go to the Editor dialog, Export tab, select "As Bitmap" press the Copy button. That seems to work every time.

I still think there is a bug when using the Chart Control "Copy" button. Changing the aspect ration of a chart after pressing the copy button once will not capture the current aspect of the chart if it has changed.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Mike,

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue here using latest TeeChart for .NET v3 sources. Would you be so kind to let us know the exact steps we should follow to reproduce the issue here?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Mike Jones
Advanced

Reproduced using TeeChart Fro .NET Examples

Post by Mike Jones » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:45 pm

Ran the "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v3\Examples\DemoProject\bin\ExecutableDemo\TeeChartNetExamples.exe" that came with TeeChart Pro .Net v3, version 3.5.3146.24805. I believe this is the latest release version.

1. go to Welcome !\Components\ChartController
2. Press the "Copy" button on the ChartController toolbar
3. go to Start Menu | Accessories | Paint
4. Paste the image from the clipboard into Paint
5. Resize the TeeChartNetExamples window to make the chart be taller than it is wide
6. Press the "Copy" Button on the ChartController toolbar
7. Open another instance of Paint
8. Paste the contents of the Clipboard into the Paint application
9. Notice that the image pasted is the 1st image from step 4 above and not the 2nd image from step 6.

I verified that if I launch the TeeChart Editor from the ChartController and go to the Export Section and press the "Copy" button there, that it the proper image is copied. It seems the problem is with the "Copy" button on the ChartController.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information.

I understood which is the exact problem and was able to reproduce the issue here and added it (TF02013344) to the list to be fixed.
Best Regards,
Steema Software