ADX financial indicator

TeeChart for Java (NetBeans, Eclipse, Android Studio, etc)
cdn

ADX financial indicator

Post by cdn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:44 am

Hi:

For ADX (Average Directional Index) - we get three charts (showing -DI, +DI, and ADX). The question is - how do we control so they all show up within their custom axis. The ADX shows up within it's bounds. But, the other two get mixed up with the rest of the chart. Is there anyway, we can get ADX, +DI and -DI using the same axis (as it supposed to)? Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.

regards,
vasu

cdn

Re: ADX financial indicator

Post by cdn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:17 am

Never mind. We found the solution. We just had to associate series with the custom axis before we started working with the function.

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi.

Yes, that will work ok. Ideally this should be done automatically inside function. We'll try to implement this for next maintenance release.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

cdn

Post by cdn » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:52 am

Hi:

Thanks for the response. I have a followup question on ADX. I guess this could be related to any financial indicator where multiple series are being displayed (in ADX case - you have 3 series being to differentiate the fluctuations). The question is - how can we get the last value of the other two series? ie, we can the last value of the middle line ... but not the other two which are showing +ve, and -ve variants. I would appreciate any information you can provide on this.

best regards,

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:56 am

Hi cdn,

You can retrieve each series values using their index in the chart, for example:

Code: Select all

double lastVal;

for (int i=0; i<tChart.getSeriesCount(); i++)
                {
                    lastVal=tChart.getSeries(i).getYValues().getValue(tChart.getSeries(i).getCount()-1);
                }
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum