webchart not installed

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
FrancisP

webchart not installed

Post by FrancisP » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:29 am

Hi
I just installed Teechart from scratch and got an error (toolbox problem) during the installation (tried couple of times). I've worked extensively with TeeChart .Net V2 but just started to work with ASP.Net. After my re-installation (v2.0.50727) my Steema webchart seems to have dissapeared from the web toolbox. Note that there were some earlier problems reported with the toolbox during installation last year. I tried all suggestions in that thread but to no avail.
Sorry, I don't know how to get the webchart in the toolbox manually, can't find anything like 'webchart.dll'?
Any other suggestions
Cheers
Francis

FYI, I just ordered V3 (fingers crossed that it will solve this problem) so don't put too much time into this one.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:10 am

Hi FrancisP,

You can try running ToolBoxEditor tool at “C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v3\Utils”. To install manually WebChart to the IDE you have to search for TeeChart.dll. WebChart is inclued in the same assembly as TeeChart for WinForms.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

FrancisP

Post by FrancisP » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi Narcis,
I've installed TChart.Net V3 and all went well, no more toolbox problems.
Working in ASP.Net in VS2005 for the moment, I've got an extremely simple web page with a Web chart on it. At the design time I can see the web chart on the form. However, running the website, I only see the dreaded white box with red cross. Any advice?
Cheers
Francis

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi Vincent,

Yes, it's most likely that the problem is a permissions problem in the server's folder where charts need to be stored.

I'd recommend you to set TempChart property to session as told in "Tutorial9 - ASP.NET Applications", at the "TempChart property - File, Session, Cache or Httphandler" section. Don't forget to add the GetChart.aspx.cs file in the project.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum