Custom axes for depth axis

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
David Novo

Custom axes for depth axis

Post by David Novo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:17 am

We currently are using custom axes so that we can move the axis to its correct position in the plot (for this we use the custom axis), while still keeping the titles outside the frame of the plot (for this we use the "real" axis, ie the property bottomAxis or LeftAxis).

This works well in 2-dimensional plots, because the series have properties for CustomHorizAxis and CustomVertAxis.

However, we also use 3d surface plots, and I can't find a property for CustomDepthAxis.

The solution we are going to use is to use the DepthTopAxis for this purpose, as our fake custom axis, and set its position % to -100.
However, a better solution would be if we could make use of a real custom axis for the depth as well.

Is there something I've overlooked, or is a custom axis not available for depth?

Thanks,
Dave

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:40 am

Hi Dave,

I can't think of any other solution for now. However, I'll add your request to our wish-list to be considered for inclusion in future releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum