Dotted Lines do not print: someone knows how to solve this?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Joris Fontyn

Dotted Lines do not print: someone knows how to solve this?

Post by Joris Fontyn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:04 pm

Hi,

The printout of my charts shows full lines instead of dotted lines. I was able to print dotted lines up to version 6 of TeeChart, now even with the latest version 7.06, this does not work (I tested 2 printers). What should I do to make the dotted lines print as *dotted* lines? Or is this a known bug?

This is the code I use:

Chart.PrintProportional := false;
Chart.PrintMargins := Rect(0, 0, 0, 0);
Chart.PrintLandScape;

Thanks in advance.

David Novo

Post by David Novo » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:10 am

Hi,

One of the things that we had trouble with is that tchart sometimes uses extended pens. Sometimes these are not supported by all devices. Do you know if your printers support these?

Joris Fontyn

extended pens

Post by Joris Fontyn » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:56 am

Hi, what are extended pens? How are they defined in Tchart?

By the way, I was able to print dotted lines in versions 7.01, but since I downloaded the latest version of TeeChart 7.05 and 7.06, this does not work any more with the same printer. So I doubt whether this is a printer problem. I use Delphi 7.

David Novo

Post by David Novo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:28 am

Extended pens are defined as part of the windows api. They allow you to have, for instance, dashed pens greater than 1 pixel wide.

However, the changes we had to compensate for were introduced around tchart 5 or so