Update moved assemblies?

TeeGofer general
El Maco

Update moved assemblies?

Post by El Maco » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:15 pm

How do I update a project if an assembly has been moved?
I have created a project using assemblies on my disk. Now my college is supposed to fill in some topics so I sent him my project and files (but not assemblies).
How can he update an assembly if it has changed? Send project to me so I update and return?
How about adding a feature so that I can edit the assembly-property and change location?

And some Feature requests
----------------------------------

- Remove file if imagetag is removed. Or at least get question, perhaps move to another folder?

- Be able to edit in HTML-mode instead (for advanced users)?
And perhaps set font -color etc?

- When copying text from one help item to another, it would be nice to have the option to paste with formatting so I don't have to apply
headers and code again.

- Avoid question "Do you want to save changes", when saving. If a user doesn't want to save changed, he/she should not press save.
Normal application standard is to only ask if there is a problem (like file to be overwritten is ReadOnly).
Many programs show a "*" for items that have been changed but not saved, if it is possible.

El Maco

And the answer is...

Post by El Maco » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:55 pm

Options/Project options/AssemblyFileNames opens a dialog where references can be edited.

Good, I was getting a bit nervous.

Still regard editing these paths in the explorer by selecting an assembly node and right clicking for options as a feature request.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:31 am

Greetings,

There are a few other items pending for the next update.

These include:
- Technique to effectively manage update of XML file location. At the moment, if relocating the assembly files, you need to delete the old location xml files so that TeeGofer doesn't automatically pick them up. When not found TeeGofer will give you the chance to pick up the new location
- Fields that are private in an ancestor class are slipping through to display in member tables in inherited classes when project set to only include Public/Protected elements. This is already fixed for the next update.
- Spaces in Custom Topic names

Your feature requests:
- Editing assembly path in the explorer by selecting an assembly node and right clicking.
- Remove file if imagetag is removed. Or at least get question

Ok. Added.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support