Bubble series with independent radius for vert and horiz

Ideas and wishes for TeeChart
SteveP
Advanced

Bubble series with independent radius for vert and horiz

Post by SteveP » Tue May 10, 2005 5:59 pm

Could independent radius be added for the Bubble series (VCL) vertical and horizontal axis. I specifically need a rectangle with X,Y center point having different vertical height and horizontal width in terms of data value. The Bar3D series almost does this but does not have a center value.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed May 11, 2005 8:34 am

Hi Steve,

I've already added this to our wish-list to be considered for future releases, however you have some alternatives to this as would be:

1.- Using Shape series.
2.- Using Map series.
3.- Drawing directly on the canvas.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

SteveP
Advanced

Post by SteveP » Wed May 11, 2005 12:45 pm

1) Shape : A separate Shape series has to be used for each individual data point ? When using thousands of points, that's a lot of series. Also, no Snap cursortool ?

2) Map : more trouble to add points to than other series. Cursortool with Snap - true did not work for me.

3) Draw onto canvas : I'm currently preparing a bitmap from the dat and using that as the backwall bitmap. Then adding fake series used for cursors, etc. I'm trying to get away from all that with my requested Bubble modification.

Thanks for the consideration. Hope to see it...

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed May 11, 2005 12:57 pm

Hi Steve,
1) Shape : A separate Shape series has to be used for each individual data point ? When using thousands of points, that's a lot of series. Also, no Snap cursortool ?

True.
2) Map : more trouble to add points to than other series. Cursortool with Snap - true did not work for me.
Please have a look at the TeeMaps demo available at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 704 for Delphi 7\Examples (default english installation path). It is currently using map series and a cursor tool. CursorTool snap property doesn't work for map series but works for "cities" point series. You may use a "dummy" point series, with values at the poligon center, to get this behaviour.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum