TChartSeries custom properties

Ideas and wishes for TeeChart
Toreba

TChartSeries custom properties

Post by Toreba » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 am

Hi,

It would help my software development if TChartSeries carried extra customisable properties, e.g. an object pointer. Is that possible?

For example, for me, details such as the real-world source of the data (e.g. a gauge name or location), the variate the data represents and its units, would all be properties of the chart series in a properly object-orientated implementation.

At present I am subclassing various TChartSeries types to add in such properties. The problem is that there's a lot of repeated work for each series type, I can't use the 'change' button in the the excellent TChartEditor to switch between my series types, and when saving and loading charts from a stream I have to strip out my custom properties and revert to standard class names.

If i bought the source code and simply introduced my extra properties into TChartSeries, would both of these problems disappear? Would I be able to use the chart editor without modification to switch between my versions of your series types? And would streaming also work without recoding?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Trevor Cooper

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TChartSeries custom properties

Post by Sandra » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:44 am

Hello Toreba,
If I bought the source code and simply introduced my extra properties into TChartSeries, would both of these problems disappear?
Your custom series should work without problems, with editor and export, if you implement your series the same way as we implement our series.
Would I be able to use the chart editor without modification to switch between my versions of your series types?
Yes, always you implement your custom series as we implement our series, for example, you can taking a look in the implementation of our series, thus you get a reference as you do to create your custom series in the correct way without problems.
And would streaming also work without recoding?
If you implement your custom series, the streaming should work in your end. You can do a simple test to check it, using the example of Demo All Features\Exporting\Native binary format\Template

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Toreba

Post by Toreba » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Sandra,

Thanks for the encouraging reply. I think we'd like to try modifying the source code, but I don't think your web site prices have updated to reflect the 2012 release. Is it possible, or do we have to wait for our current subscription to lapse?

Regards

Toreba

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Toreba,

Please contact our Sales Dept. at sales at steema dot com. They'll give you the price for your special circumstances.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum