TeeChart for Linux, Qt

Ideas and wishes for TeeChart
Badger101

TeeChart for Linux, Qt

Post by Badger101 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 am

Hi,

Is there any way of using TeeChart in Linux?

Are there any plans to get TeeChart components for Qt? Or to get any of the TeeChart versions working with Qt (Windows and Linux)?

Thank you,

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChart for Linux, Qt

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:20 am

Hi Badger101,
Badger101 wrote:Is there any way of using TeeChart in Linux?
We've managed to run TeeChart for PHP in an Ubuntu machine as you can see here.
The Java version is another crossed platform version that should work under Linux. Actually, you can see customers using it, for example here
Badger101 wrote:Are there any plans to get TeeChart components for Qt? Or to get any of the TeeChart versions working with Qt (Windows and Linux)?
I'm afraid that we don't have any TeeChart built specifically for QT and we aren't familiarized with this environment.
However, if QT supports components of any of the TeeChart supported types (VCL, ActiveX, .NET, Java (Swing or AWT) or PHP), you should be able to use TeeChart's existent component.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Badger101

Re: TeeChart for Linux, Qt

Post by Badger101 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Yeray,

Thanks for the response. I am looking for a C++ interface or a way for C++ to use TeeChart. Qt is a C++ framework for cross platform development.

Qt does have support for ActiveX on Windows platforms (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/activeqt.html) but I am trying to move to Qt development that is cross platform.

We are currently using the VCL components with C++ Builder. I want to move away from the Borland/Embarcadero environment to Qt.

Thanks