TeeTree, web pages and C++-Builder

TeeTree VCL for Borland Delphi and C++ Builder.

TeeTree, web pages and C++-Builder

Post by » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:09 am

Hello,
It is rare that I am the first in a forum :lol:. The pages are so beautifully new here. But I'm glad that there is a (HTTP) forum since I never could use the 'News' protocol because of our firewall! :?
But now some words for my problems and small moanings: Since 5 years we're developed a client application with C++-Builder incl. TeeChart Pro & TeeTree, but since 1,5 years we can't change to BCB 6 because of there is no package of TeeTree 1.0x for BCB6. TeeTree 2.0 (Beta) has a bug at a function which we need of all things. Why is it so difficult, to produce an BCB6 package of version 1?
The old and new web page offered a 'TeeTree version 2 Source code update' (without any date) every time I look at . But when I logged in download section only "Last updated: Jan 14th 2003" appears. :(
Please set a date near the 'News'!
Nevertheless on http://www.steema.com/support/versions.html I read:
'TeeTree VCL v1
Check "About" screen for version.
Latest version for Delphi 6,5 and C++ Builder 6,5,4: v1.03
For all other compilers latest version is v1.02'

I think this Page has a new layout, but not the right content

Where are this versions for CBB6? For CBB5 I have 1.04 from 2001!
On the download page for the registered users there are 1.05 versions for D5,6 and 1.04 for D5,6 CBB6. I think, it's all a little bit crazy :?
How does it go on with TeeTree and BCB? :?:
with regards
Joerg

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

TeeTree and BCB6

Post by Marc » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:02 pm

Hello Joerg,

Welcome to the support platform. It's not actually up and running yet so thanks for proving that it's accessible and useable! :) we expect to make the support site live very soon after finalising tests.

Re. TeeTree
You comments are noted. There have been problems with some aspects of TeeTree operation under C++Builder. TeeTree v2 was issued with the intention that compilation be made at installation because of early problems in Libary pathing to the control with BCB during installation. Have you tried compiling TeeTree v2 under BCB6? What function is the function that is causing problems?

We'll be refreshing these Forums over the test period so to followup with this enquiry for the moment please could you please mail me at marc@steema.com

Thanks!
Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema support

Post by » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:20 am

Hello Marc!
Yes, I imagined that the forum operated not yet. I found the link coincidentally. But I hope, that I contributed to the test and the forum is official in the net soon! :wink:
Fairly often I have discussed with Tom (the last is from 08/27/2003) the problems which concerns the C++-Builder and TeeTree by mail. He knows my problems and has also a little test program and project files of me. The main problem is the shape onmousemove event, where BCB crashed with Access Violation. I don't know why! The problems with the installation of the packages could be solved with CB6. My CB6 IDE works with TeeChart-Pro 6.01 and TeeTree 2, but our application use the shape event!
This text is sent by mail too!
with regards
Joerg