Modified TeeTree 2 and trial version of RAD Studio XE4

TeeTree VCL for Borland Delphi and C++ Builder.
WolfDog

Modified TeeTree 2 and trial version of RAD Studio XE4

Post by WolfDog » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi. I have made minor changes to the TeeTree 2 source and recompiled, and have been using that modified code for awhile. So I'm wondering if it is possible to install that modified component (specifically TeeTree 2, but that means TeeChart, too) into the trial version of C++Builder XE4 (that comes with the trial version of RAD Studio XE4)?

I have had problems in the past with some components and trial versions, especially those that require the command line compiler to install, so I thought I'd ask before I take half a day to install that trial version. It would make no sense to me if I can't install the Steema components since my whole purpose is to determine whether or not XE4 is more stable than XE3 in terms of my main project, which uses the TeeTree 2 component.

I am referring to the 2013 latest version of TeeChart, if that makes a diff.

Thank you.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Modified TeeTree 2 and trial version of RAD Studio XE4

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:04 am

Hi WolfDog,

TeeChart 2013 beta has important changes with the current stable release. More changes in the TeeChart field than TeeTree but also some on the tree component. Anyway, you can give it a go either with your changes or as it currently is. However, to test XE4 stability vs XE3 you may want to test it with the current stable release which supports both environments.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

WolfDog

Re: Modified TeeTree 2 and trial version of RAD Studio XE4

Post by WolfDog » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Okay. Thank you!