Extralegend showing more than one series

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Mike Jones
Advanced

Extralegend showing more than one series

Post by Mike Jones » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:58 pm

I want to have 2 legends showing on my chart. Lets say I have 4 Line Series's named line1, line2, line3, line4. I would like checkboxes to show up next to each series name in each of my legends. I would like line1, line2 to show up in the regular legend and line3, line4 to show up in an extralegend. it is not apparent to me how to assign line3, line4 to the extra legend. All example code I have seen simply assigns a single series to the extraLegend.Series property.

Can you assign more than one series to the extraLegend?
I could never get check boxes to work in the extralegend. Is that a bug?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:22 am

Hi Mike,
Can you assign more than one series to the extraLegend?
I'm afraid not, I've added your request to the wish-list to be considered for inclusion in future releases.
I could never get check boxes to work in the extralegend. Is that a bug?
Yes, I think so. I've added it (TF02013170) to the bug list to be fixed.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Mike Jones
Advanced

Additional Functionality

Post by Mike Jones » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Our needs actually grow beyond what I described in the above posts. Ideally we need a legend that can do the the following:
  • Have not just an extra legend, but have many legends. Each legend would control any number of series's
    Have a legend panel area, that would hold several legend controls
    The legend panel area would be positioned similar to how a single legend is positioned, today, relative to the chart
    The legend panel would be scrollable
    Each legend control would be scrollable
    Each legend control be collapsible
    When exporting a chart to JPEG, the legend control would be shown as shown on the screen.
To summarize, I envision that a legend panel is a container that is placed in the chart area. This panel is scrollable and could contain multiple legend controls. These new legend controls would be collapsible controls. When collapsed they show the title of the legend. When expanded the user can click the check boxes next to each series name to turn on/off a series on the chart.
We use the legend to turn on/off series's so the user can visualize their data. We have the legend showing a name of the series and we use the checkboxes to accomplish this.

Any information you can provide that would help us set our expectations on if you can do this would be a big help.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:39 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. I've updated your request at the wish-list. At the present moment, I'm not able to provide any further informat if such functionality will be implemented and when.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum