MaximumOffset and MinimumOffset do not work on custom axes

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
MTB

MaximumOffset and MinimumOffset do not work on custom axes

Post by MTB » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:27 pm

I have created a demo project showing this problem. It looks like a bug to me. (Of course it could be something I'm doing incorrectly too.)

I really need some quick help with this problem and I sent an email to tech support with my demo project attached. However, I received the following response: "Please be aware that this email address is no longer in use."

Is there any way I can get some quick help on this issue? (I have a pro support contract.) I have a fast approaching deadline for demonstrating TeeChart and I've been going round and round on this issue for close to a week now. :cry:

I have just created a new demo project that shows the problem even more clearly. The code is a bit long, so I don't think it makes sense to post it here.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:20 pm

Hi David,

we've received your email with the demo project. We'll review it and let you know something asap.

Josep Lluis Jorge
http://support.steema.com

MTB

"MaximumOffset and MinimumOffset do not work on custom

Post by MTB » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:31 pm

Thank you, thank you! I'm really pushing hard on this deadline and I still have not found solutions for several problems. This one regarding MaximumOffset and MinimumOffset is one of the toughest for me. I appreciate your help.

MTB

Solution from Steema -- Thanks!

Post by MTB » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:47 pm

Thanks for sending me a work around. I'm posting here so everyone can benefit from the solution.
Regards,
David

//The next couple of lines are the workaround to the CustomVertAxis.MaximumOffset
//defect.
double offset = lineSeries.YValues.Maximum * 0.1;
lineSeriesAxes.SetMinMax(lineSeries.YValues.Minimum - offset, lineSeries.YValues.Maximum + offset);

//the lines below do not have the intended effect:
//no extra margin at the ends of the axis is set.
// lineSeries.CustomVertAxis.MaximumOffset = 5;
// lineSeries.CustomVertAxis.MinimumOffset = 5;

MTB

Post by MTB » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:21 pm

I found an issue when using this workaround. My line series often begin as a line with no slope thru the origin (i.e., y = 0 for all x).

Every line series like this (after the first one) causes the right custom axis to show zeros at each tick mark and the line series doesn't display.

The workaround I had to do is as follows:

public static void MinimumMaximumOffset(Series series, Axis axis)
{
if (series.YValues.Maximum == 0 && series.YValues.Minimum == 0)
{
return;
}

double offset = series.YValues.Maximum * 0.05;
axis.SetMinMax(
series.YValues.Minimum - offset,
series.YValues.Maximum + offset);
}//MinimumMaximumOffset

nico193

Post by nico193 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:32 am

The minimum offset and maximum offset are still not working on latest release. Is this normal ? Do you consider this a s a bug ?

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:58 pm

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. This can be considered a bug and is now fixed for the next maintenance release (availability end of January).

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

nico193

Post by nico193 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:10 pm

Thanks !! I'll download it ! :D

MTB

Post by MTB » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:38 pm

Just curious, is there any difference in features or fixes between the VS2002-only version (16-Jan-2004 date) and the "latest binary" version compatible with VS2003 (24-Dec-2003 date)? If I have VS2002 and want the latest, greatest TeeChart code, which version should I download? Thanks!

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:54 pm

Hello,

Both versions are identical in featureset, there is no feature disadvantage to using either version.

The VS2002 compiled version contains TeeChart dlls, all examples and the installer utilities built with the VS2002 framework.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support